About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
The Role Responsibilities
- To assist the Line Manager in managing and overseeing the day to day Core Operations Team with the aim to achieve:
- Operational standards / compliance
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Good cost control within the Team
- Good quality control on operational / transactional risks
- Drive and monitor initiatives and activities to improve daily operations in view of accuracy, efficiency and services.
- Work closely with Trade Product Operations and Processing Operations to standardize, simplify, improve and streamline process to strive for continuous productivity improvement.
- Work closely with Trade Client Operations Team continuous drive Client experiences improvements.
- Work with Trade BRM to proactively manage all compliance and operational risk at unit level; effectively implement all operational, regulatory and financial controls with daily controls, periodic monitoring and timely issue handling.
Process, Productivity and Budgetary Management
- Perform daily operations accordingly to the laid down procedure and standard of service and ensure operations complies with applicable:
- Generic Product Program and Country Product Addendum
- Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager
- Sanctions policy & procedures
- Group Policies / GDOI
- Legal & Compliance Policies
- Assist Line Manager for collaboration with Technology on futuristic digital opportunities, pre-empt disruptive forces and commercialise innovative use of technologies
- Assist Line Manager to achieve the financial performance targets of front to back operations and to drive the respective country to prioritize investments into making Client journey simpler, faster, better Challenge status quo in driving courageous conversations of doing business with Right Clients with a sustainable cost/ income ratio.
Governance & Risk Management
- Support to effectively implement all operational, regulatory and financial control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and control standard as per the defined Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Assist to coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the business unit and escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and BRM when they occur.
- Proactively communicate with the Business Unit Head and BRM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head / BRM as appropriate. Support operations Team pre/post audits and assurance reviews.
- Provide support on any regular and ad hoc tasks related to unit operational risk management assigned by BRM from time to time
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct. Develop a robust culture to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
Business Continuity Management:
- Assist Line Manager to ensure an adequate Business Continuity Management (“BCM”) plan is in place across the business, to facilitate continuity of critical business operations in the event of significant business interruption.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Always work towards achieving the outcomes set out in the Bank’s conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Monitor the effective communication and implementation of regulatory changes
- Head & Team members of Trade Operations
- Trade BRM
- Group Trade Product Operations
- Local TB Product Management
- Business Technology
- Front Office & Middle Office
- Other Operations Functions
- Other Functions (HR, Finance, Legal & Compliance, Tax)
- Audit and investigations
- External consultants
- Bank Audit / Accounting firms
- Local and Regional Regulators
Our Ideal Candidate
- Education: University Graduate or above
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of Trade Operations working experience
- In-depth understanding of various types of trade products, process flow, regulations and accounting rules.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and operational skills.
- Good management skill and able to coach the Team to achieve agreed target.
- Sound PC / MS Office skill.
- Strong organizational skills and well-developed business abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Self-motivator, able to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Passion in identifying and driving new operations improvement opportunities
- Other than above roles, job holders should follow other job duties and responsibilities assigned by line manage from time to time.
Job Source: SCB Career