SCB BD Career | Branch Manager, Bogura Branch at Standard Chartered Bank Bangladesh (SCB)
The Role Responsibilities
- To position the branch as an effective retail sales and service outlet by providing superior client service for increasing the client base and achieving the branch asset & liability targets for Premium Clients segment.
- Assist the BM/ BOSM to ensure that all the Group & Local Regulatory guidelines are adhered to during branch operations.
- Following key responsibilities are to be carried out for the branch:
- To achieve targets in terms of building assets and liabilities set forth in Job Objective
- To capitalize on cross-sell opportunities
- To communicate with customers and potential customers for sales opportunities.
- To help and organize sales promotions (presentations, seminars, exhibitions etc.) in co- ordination with other BM & sale channels.
- To provide high quality service to all segments’ clients
- To achieve set targets in terms of service standards for customer transactions
- Have open channels of communication & maintain high levels of motivation among staff
- Organize training for staff based on training gaps & handle career planning & professional performance management
- Create and maintain a compliance culture through maintenance of the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) in the branch.
- Coordinate and assist regulatory and other audits
- Timely submission of accurate compliance and risk reports
- Surprise checking of Maintenance operations and subsequent destruction of security items e.g. undelivered card, Cheque Books etc.
- Maintenance and subsequent destruction of security items e.g. undelivered credit card, retained credit card etc.
- Request for authorization for card cheque processing
- To be responsible for the branch security management and coordinating with Administration as and when required.
- To meet transaction processing standards, ensure good cash management and overall branch operations and other services provided from branch
- Ensure strict compliance on the process & policy of Group guidance & Local Regulatory, such as Anti-Money Laundering, Sanction, Customer Due Diligence, Code of Conduct etc
- To ensure that branch maintain all the records that are auditable for good audit rating.
- To ensure locker and student file service is provided as per approved process.
- To ensure compliance with Group & local directives for preventing Money Laundering
- To ensure the awareness of business continuity plan among the department and perform the role of DCC for the assigned department coordinating with Country Business Continuity Manager.
- To act as BAMLCO and liaise with CAMLCO and Legal Advisor for MLP related issue, such as perform half yearly AML Self Assessment, AML quarterly meeting and other activities as mentioned in BFIU circular 19. Suspicious Activity Reporting etc.
- Ensure correct regulatory reporting, as applicable
- To act as a one of Bangladesh Bank signatory based on Power of attorney empowered by CEO-Bangladesh.
- Oversee and Approve Cash activities as detailed in DOA & Teller Transaction Policy.
Health & Safety:
- To be responsible for managing and reporting the health and safety issues within the branch and coordinating with Country Heath & Safety Manger.
- To ensure that branch staffs are adequately trained and supervised on H&S issues.
- To ensure that employees are free to raise H&S issues and that these issues are addressed accordingly.
- Head – Client Relationships
- Product Heads and Segment Heads
- Support Unit Departments
- Other BMs, RMs & BOSMs
- Account Services
- Loan Operations
- Assurance Manager
- Compliance, Legal and FCC
- Securities Bonds Dept.
- Client Experience
- Existing and Prospective Clients
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years of banking experience in relevant field.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- MS Office
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Asia-Bangladesh-Dhaka
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 22/Nov/2023, 6:02:04 AM
Unposting Date: 06/Dec/2023, 11:59:00 AM
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careersShare