: 24/Jul/2023, 6:02:19 PM
: 24/Aug/2023, 4:59:00 AM
- Achieve monthly targets by building relationship with potential and existing business banking clients of the bank and on-board new to bank clients with trade and working capital needs
- Assist the Team Leader to ensure that all the Group & Local Regulatory guidelines are adhered to during onboarding and renewal of business banking clients.
- Achieve financial targets in terms of building assets and liabilities set forth in Job Objective
- Acquire new to bank clients with trade, working capital and transaction banking needs
- Proactive accounts monitoring with a view to minimize credit loss & manage Business Working Capital Portfolio in most profitable manner.
- Ensure strict compliance of CMSME related regulatory policies
- Ensure collection and high conversion of leads from bank’s ecosystem
- Ensure highest standard of compliance
- Ensure good portfolio health by managing exceptions, expiry, excess, overdue and exit of the spokes in liaise with Anchors
- To capitalize on cross-sell opportunities.
- To communicate with clients and potential clients for sales opportunities.
- To help and organize sales promotions (Campaigns, presentations, seminars, exhibitions, etc.) in co- ordination with the Branch & other sales channels.
- To ensure cost minimization/ control environment.
- To provide high quality service to Business Working Capital customers
- To achieve set targets in terms of service standards for client transactions.
- Practice “Clients First” culture within the team
- Collaborate with CRC, CI, Credit Policy, Legal (Internal and External), CMO and Trade Ops to ensure excellent client experience
- To provide high quality service to BWC clients.
- To achieve set targets in terms of service standards
- Update Customer Due Diligence/Anti Money Laundering Risk information of assigned portfolio as well as for newly on-boarded customers
- Own and drive Customer Due Diligence, Reputation Risk, Anti-Money Laundering, Sanction and FATCA initiatives.
- Work with Credit and other stakeholders to ensure all policy standards are met at all time
- Ensure Control Environment is robust enough to receive Satisfactory Audit Ratings.
- Ensure proper documentation for Retail Banking products for all clients and keep the error rate within acceptable level.
- Ensure proper documentation for Dormant/ Unclaimed Account Regularization.
- Provide service/ answer enquiries to the clients over the counter and over telephone.
- Initiate the increasing, decreasing, rescheduling and renewal of Business Working Capital Accounts.
- Conduct Need Based Conversations and create sales opportunities.
- Have open channels of communications and maintain high levels of motivation.
- Help create an environment where the branch staff can operate as a team demonstrating the Values of the Bank
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head – Client Relationships
- Product Heads and Segment Heads
- Support Unit Departments
- Other BMs, RMs & BOSMs
- Account Services
- Loan Operations
- Assurance Manager
- Compliance, Legal and FCC
- Securities Bonds Dept.
- Client Experience
- Existing and Prospective Clients
Our Ideal Candidate / Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of banking experience with preferably 2 years in SME Banking.
- Good understanding of Working Capital and Trade products
- Minimum Graduate from a reputed institution
- Strong Communication and inter-personal skills
- Creativity in terms of meeting client demands with existing products
- Competitor awareness
Role Specific Competencies
- MS Office
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Job Source: SCB Career
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careersShare