SCB BD Career | Senior Officer, Transaction Monitoring FCSO at Standard Chartered Bank Bangladesh (SCB)
About the joby
About the job
The Role Responsibilities
Manage and/or resolve alerts/cases:
- Follow the Name Screening DOI to process risk events in line with the Assess, Analyse, Act (AAA) process.
People and Talent
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Analyse significant financial crime risk events (e.g. non-compliant transactions, production orders) to ensure that all connected parties, particularly cross-border are identified and reported at the appropriate levels internally across all relevant jurisdictions.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FCSU to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- FCC Controls representatives in group and country.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in FCSU,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
For Band 09: 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience in the following areas:
- AML and terrorist financing surveillance skills in relation the respective country jurisdictions, and client types.
- Analysis skills: able to analyze data trends and out of pattern activities, working knowledge of Internet and MS Office Suite & independently assimilate, analyse and evaluate information from disperse data sources to determine a course of action (e.g. case closure or escalation), and record and communicate this decision clearly and concisely.
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing).
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Must be a quick learner, willing to learn any technology that might be required to complete the task.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving expertise.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Must be a Team player, attention to details and problem solving capacity.
- Compliance Policies and Standards
- Compliance Advisory
- Compliance Review and FCC Assurance
- Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)
- Compliance Risk Assessment
- Regulatory Liaison
- Manage Change
- Manage Projects
About Standard CharteredWe’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
Primary Location: Asia-Bangladesh-Dhaka
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 18/Oct/2023, 10:18:22 AM
Unposting Date: 18/Nov/2023, 12:59:00 AM
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careersShare