The Role Responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to serve as the focal point of contact for onboarding new hires and enhancing overall candidate experience.
- Agreeing sourcing and administration needs with Resourcing Operations;
- This role will ensure that the new hires have access to all required equipment/department/ technology tools on the date of joining and will contribute to their smooth transition to the Bank.
- Overall, this role will be instrumental in enhancing overall onboarding experience, contributing to increased productivity and reduced attrition of new hires.
- Relationship management drive to take ownership of any queries/contingencies that new hires may be having before and after joining the Bank
- Interact with stakeholders to ensure all the key onboarding activities are well-synchronised and coordinated.
- Efficient end to end applicant management for each JR i.e. timely review and short listing of applications, promptly updating applicants and responding to any queries, liaising with resourcing operations regarding interview and assessment arrangements, briefing and preparing candidates for interview (directly or via agencies);
- Manage and monitor new hires tracker and requisitions requests
- Multi-task to ensure new hires have access to all required equipment/department/ technology tools on the date of joining.
- Coordinate with Line Managers/Resourcing team for the creation of SRM
- Coordinate with CRES, lining up for Right Start and business readiness programs
- Coordinate welcome messages, completion of form formalities, and follow-up with concerned departments to take matters to logical conclusion
- Inspire and focus on quality improvement of new joiners’ experience at all times, working with relevant teams to implement new process
- Liaising with resourcing operations team to ensure timely contract issuance following offer;
- Improving candidate conversion rates (first offer made to acceptance ratio) through effectively diagnosing and selling the most relevant points for each individual about the role, the Bank, the brand, benefits etc.
People & Talent
- Set appropriate tone and expectations within team and work in collaboration with partners.
- Role model valued behaviours, leading by example.
- Respect and thoroughly follow the governance and compliance guidelines, to ensure all activities are done with the right process, completed in time, and are creating the right impact.
- Includes supporting the candidate in Group Staff Screening process, where required.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work with the Resourcing team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principle.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Resourcing Team: Resourcing Managers/ Country Head
- Hiring Managers
- People Capability team
- Operations team
- Property team
- New Joiners
- CPBB team
- Management of and participation in any ad-hoc projects, as necessary
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors/ Master’s degree in relevant fields from a reputed university
- 1- 2 years of relevant experience in human resources in the Bangladesh market
- Excellent communication skills; clear oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Applicants with Banking Diploma part 1 & 2 are encouraged to apply
- Mature disposition, strong communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and handle different competing initiatives concurrently
- Confident individual who is able to communicate and engage with people of varying background and seniority levels
- Keen eye for detail to ensure service level agreements and standards are adhered to
- Conservative risk-taker who can remain objective and manage governance of policies
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications – specifically MS Excel
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Staffing, hiring, selection
- Candidate sourcing
- Candidate screening
- HR: Policies, Standards and Procedures
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Asia-Bangladesh-Dhaka
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 10/Jan/2024, 7:43:43 AM
Unposting Date: 25/Jan/2024, 1:59:00 AM
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careersShare