Last Updated on July 17, 2022
Save the Children has published a job circular for the position of Officer – Finance.
Coordinator – Procurement
Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
The position holder for the position of Coordinator – Procurement is mainly responsible for ensuring value for money while performing the procurement processes. S/he leads the procurement team to complete the sourcing within the stipulated time. The incumbent is expected to generate evidence and learning for better sourcing and have an ongoing focus on gradual improvement in the procurement function. Under the direct supervision of Manager – P&SC, s/he does the regular tracking of the framework agreement and initiates the process for renewing/ new FWA in close consultation with Program Managers. The position holder is responsible for the negotiations with the vendors and keeps a close focus on the delivery process maintaining all types of compliances. S/he supports Coordinator – WH and the field supply chain team closely. The incumbent tracks the inventory system and generates the tracker and the report. S/he carries out this role in support of ongoing development programs as well as emergency preparedness and humanitarian relief.
Qualifications and experience
- 5 years’ experience in P&SC in which 3 years in the development organization
- Experience in procurement, transportation and distribution, warehouse management and stock management etc.
- Experience working with international NGOs is desirable.
- Experience in the procurement of service, medical supplies and construction items are preferred.
- Excellent skills in process facilitation and coordination with high standard
- Excellent inter-personal, listening, presentation and time management skills
- Good supportive supervision and hands-on computer (MS Office/Excel) operating skills
- Master’s degree, preferably in management, or business studies or relevant discipline
Contract length: Regular
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
For detailed job description and to apply online, please visit:
Application deadline: July 25, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Job Source: Bdjobs Job CircularShare