Officer – Social Work at Save the Children Bangladesh
Save the Children has published a job circular for the position of Officer – Social Work.
Officer – Social Work
Save The Children in Bangladesh invites interested and potential candidates to apply for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
As a member of the Child Protection program team in FDMN response, the Officer – Social Work contributes to the implementation of preventive approaches in child protection community-based activities for vulnerable and at-risk children. The incumbent is responsible for arranging CBCPC meetings, Adolescent club/ Child club/ parents meetings, ensuring referrals for children, and direct service provision of follow-up for vulnerable and at-risk children, in line with their needs. S/he provides direct support in MPCAC in line with internal standards and guidelines, which includes but is not limited to designing and decorating the MPCAC and all other CP facilities, making props and painting MPCAC walls in a colorful and child-friendly manner, as well as developing capacity of facilitators and children on drawing and painting in MPCAC. The position holder also assists the program team in developing presentation materials, preparing graphic designs for publications, as well as designing banners, festoons, billboards, signboards, and other visibility materials.
Qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated experience and/or proven capacity to work with vulnerable children and families in humanitarian response context
- Elementary level understanding of child protection and community-based approaches
- Strong technical knowledge of graphic design with skills in Adobe Illustrator and other relevant software
- Ability to produce high quality design for banners, festoons, billboard, signboards, and other visibility materials
- Training facilitation and capacity building expertise through life skill and creative skills development session for adolescent and child club activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts and/or Social Work and any other relevant disciplines
Contract length: Up to December 31, 2022
Job Location: Ukhiya (Camps based) in Cox’s Bazar district
No. of vacancies: 01 (One)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
For detailed job description and to apply online, please visit:
or from below link
Application deadline: 07 May, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Job Source: Bdjobs Job CircularShare