Specialist – WASH at Save the Children Bangladesh
Save the Children has published a job circular for the position of Specialist – WASH.
Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for potential female candidates.
The Specialist – WASH provides technical support in the implementation of a diverse range of WASH interventions in the camps and host community areas which may include, but are not limited to, new construction, repair, and maintenance of existing establishments (e.g., toilets, septic tank, and water supply systems) in SCI infrastructures. The incumbent needs to visit field or camps locations on a regular basis in order to mobilize community people and workers, maintain measurement book (MB), and engage construction workers in site improvement works as per the approved design and work schedules. The post holder directly reports to Manager- Infrastructure and WASH, however, s/he frequently coordinates and consults with Manager – WASH and other WASH team colleagues for technical support and guidance on design, desludging activities, and other WASH associated activities. S/he proactively assists in the preparation of various monthly and quarterly reports as per need of SCI and donor, including program activities presentation for donor/visitors as and when required.
Qualifications and experience
- 04 years’ experience in WASH interventions, preferably with some exposure in Shelter/ Construction/ Infrastructure development in humanitarian response
- Knowledge of humanitarian compliances and humanitarian response operation modalities
- Demonstrated ability to prepare BOQ, cost estimate and work schedule of small-scale infrastructures, WASH facilities, water supply network
- Good computing and IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD & MS Office packages
- Enthusiasm, motivation, self-confidence, and a proactive approach in problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills, facilitation skills and can work as part of a team
- Minimum BSc in Civil Engineering. For highly experienced candidates, education qualification can be considered up to Diploma in Civil Engineering.
Contract length: Up to December 31, 2022
Job Location: Ukhiya
No. of vacancies: 02 (Two)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
For detailed job description and to apply online, please
or from below link
Application deadline: April 19, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Job Source: Bdjobs Job CircularShare