- To position the branch as an effective retail sales and service outlet by providing superior client service for increasing the client base and achieving the branch asset and liability targets for Premium Clients segment.
- Assist the BM / BOSM to ensure that all the Group and Local Regulatory guidelines are adhered to during branch operations.
Financial / Sales
- To achieve set targets in terms of building assets and liabilities set forth in Job Objective.
- To manage the assigned Priority portfolio through relationship management.
- To increase the client base of the branch.
- To capitalize on cross-sell opportunities.
- To communicate with clients and potential clients for sales opportunities.
- To help and organize sales promotions (Campaigns, presentations, seminars, exhibitions, etc) in co- ordination with the Branch and other sales channels.
- To ensure cost minimization / control environment.
- To provide high quality service to Priority Clients.
- To achieve set targets in terms of service standards for client transactions.
- To show a significant development of service quality levels across the Branch as measured NPS. To log Client complaints into CEMS and keep track for their solutions.
- Own and drive Customer Due Diligence, Reputation Risk, Anti-Money Laundering, Sanction and FATCA initiatives.
- Establish Risk Recognition and Compliance Culture in the branch.
- Ensure Control Environment is robust enough to receive Satisfactory Audit Ratings.
- Ensure proper documentation for Retail Banking products for all clients and keep the error rate within acceptable level.
- Ensure proper documentation for Dormant / Unclaimed Account Regularization.
- Provide service/ answer enquiries to the clients over the counter and over telephone.
- Initiate the increasing, decreasing, rescheduling and renewal of Over Draft limit.
- Act as Client Service Executive / BOSM as and when required based on Approved DOA.
- Conduct Need Based Conversations and create sales opportunities.
- Act as a custodian of Prime keys as and when required in the branch.
Operational Risk / Administration
- Assist the BM for the branch security management and coordinate with Property as and when required.
- Assist the BM to ensure that branches maintain all the records that are auditable for good audit rating.
- Assist BM to ensure that proper signage is in appropriate place.
- Assist BM to ensure the awareness of business continuity plan among the departments.
- Have open channels of communications and maintain high levels of motivation.
- Help create an environment where the branch staff can operate as a team demonstrating the Values of the Bank
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Head – Client Relationships
- Product Heads and Segment Heads
- Support Unit Departments
- Other BMs, RMs and BOSMs
- Account Services
- Loan Operations
- Assurance Manager
- Compliance, Legal and FCC
- Securities Bonds Department
- Client experience
- Existing and Prospective Clients
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 – 2 years of experience.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Ms Office
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental / maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Asia-Bangladesh-Dhaka
Employee Status: Permanent
Unposting Date: 19/Jan/2024, 5:29:00 AM
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careersShare