Procurement Officer, NOA, Fixed Term, #118250, Dhaka, Bangladesh #552471 (For Bangladeshi Nationals Only) – Re-advertisement at UNICEF
About the job
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, knowledge.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Contracts Specialist, the incumbent will provide support in delivering supply component of the country office programmes and operations. Focused on procurement of goods, develop supply plan, manage and enhance vendor base; conduct bidding exercise and selection process in line with UNICEF FRRs, issue and manage contracts with view of achieving value for money. Act as a focal point for the UN interagency procurement activities and delivering as One initiative.
The incumbents are expected to perform the following key functions:
- Supply Chain service delivery and emergency response
- Collaboration with programme and implementing partners
- Effective procurement, local and/or offshore, with a goal to attain lowest cost without sacrificing quality.
- Collaboration and Partnership
For Detailed Job Responsibilities, Please Access Job Descriptions Below
118250 NOA Procurement Officer.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree is required in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Contract/Commercial Law, International Development, Health or related social science field.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in supply, logistics, procurement, contracting, administration and/or other directly-related technical fields is required.
- Understanding of development and humanitarian work.
- Emergency experience an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA). The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Internal candidates may be given preference over external candidates. The term “Internal” refers to all staff members with fixed term, continuing or permanent appointments.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The complete vacancy announcement can be viewed at the UNICEF Careers website: https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/
Job Source: Unisef Job Circular at LinkedinShare