Financial Analyst : BRAC
Last Updated on July 7, 2022
Financial Analyst at BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC International (BI) is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
The purpose of this position is to ensure effective and efficient financial management of BRAC International countries including its monitoring, financial reporting for external and internal stakeholders, effective liaison with country finance team to ensure financial control and management etc.
- Consolidate and analyse financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts, etc)
- Analyse financial data and create financial models for decision making
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Analyse past results, perform variance analysis; identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Acting as the fund manager for different donor funded project, and work as focal person for assigned projects; Ensuring all required donor and investors / lenders report are submitted on time.
- Ensure compliance on Donor and Loan stipulations.
- Identifying and driving process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and Excel dashboards
- To accomplish any other duties as delegated by supervisors.
- Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
At least Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance & Accounts
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills;
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions;
- Computer proficiency on MS office;
- Orientation with ERP & finance module;
- Strong interpersonal/ communication skills;
- Ability to take independent decisions.
- Fresh Graduates. Having experience of working in international NGO will be an added advantage;
- Experience in donor funded projects & microfinance with understanding about rules and regulation of major donors will be given preference.
Employment type: Regular
Job Location: BRAC International Dhaka Office, Bangladesh
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at [email protected]
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 78/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 20 July 2022
Job Source: BRAC Career