Assistant Engineer, Construction at BRAC
BRAC has recently published a job circular for Assistant Engineer, Construction.
Assistant Engineer, Construction
Location: Head Office, Dhaka, Bangladesh
BRAC is an international development organisation founded in Bangladesh that partners with over 100 million people living with inequality and poverty globally to create sustainable opportunities to realise potential.
Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.
Detailing from design and preparation of structural and plumbing drawing. Assemble with all other related drawing. Check and justify work measurement of completed project.
- Collect preliminary drawing for proposed project and gather necessary information from Structural Engineer, Architect and Electrical Engineer to prepare structural and plumbing drawing.
- Gather information about size and section of structural member and reinforcement area from Structural Engineer and make reinforcement detailing under guidance of structural Engineer.
- Prepare primary layout drawing, consult with architect and electrical Engineer and compile with those drawing. Prepare final layout drawing.
- Prepare structural drawing of all component of the structure according to detailing and compile with architectural and electrical drawing. In case of any difficulties consult with architect or electrical drawing and solve the issue.
- Gather site information such as existing water supply system, location of water reservoir, existing sewerage system, location of septic tank etc. and compile with project master plan to prepare sanitary and plumbing drawing.
- Prepare sanitary and plumbing drawing and compile with architectural and structural drawing. Also compile with master plan of total complex.
- Check work measurement of completed project. Justify work measurement through submitted drawing, rough measurement and stock inventory. Also check measurement through field visit.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- AutoCad drafting.
- MS office application.
- Related code of detailing.
- Quick drawing.
Diploma in Civil Engineering
5 years of working experience in relevant field will be given preference.
Festival Bonus, Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Health & Life Insurance and others.
Application Closing Date: 19 April 2022
Job Source: BRAC Careers