Location: BRAC Field Office
Date Posted: June 26, 2022
Last Date of Application: July 4, 2022
BRAC is an international development organisation founded in Bangladesh that partners with over 100 million people living with inequality and poverty globally to create sustainable opportunities to realise potential.
BRAC Urban Development Programme (UDP) envisions cities and human settlements which are safe, resilient, inclusive and sustainable. We implement tailored interventions to reach this goal, such as building low-cost climate-resilient housing, empowering workers in the ready-made garment sector, raising community fire prevention awareness and advocating with the local and national governments for inclusive, pro-poor, urban planning and governance. Join the UDP team to create models for better urban spaces across Bangladesh and be part of a team making cities into places where everyone living in them can thrive. Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.
Work as part of the technical support unit of BRAC urban development programme to coordinate capacity development of internal and external stakeholders including community members and local government officials; ensure smooth and effective functioning of training events and manage, design, develop, coordinate and conduct large or small scale training programs.
- Conduct capacity development training and workshops for community groups, city corporation and municipality officials
- Ensure that yearly targets for trainings and workshops are achieving maintaining high standard
- Assist in capacity development needs assessment of city corporation and municipality officials, elected local representatives, community groups, youth and adolescents
- Designing and expanding training methods based on the needs of the organization and the individual
- Considering the costs of planned programmes and keeping the training expe
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes using surveys, questionnaires, interviews and by observation, in order to plan future courses or to amend existing ones
- Having an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the delivery of e-learning packages with the help of BRAC-ICT
- Maintain necessary documentation and prepare monthly training reports
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of contemporary development issues especially in the context of Bangladesh
- Knowledge of urbanisation and urban development
- Knowledge of gender and women empowerment and Community development
- Knowledge of training and facilitation methods, tools and techniques
- Excellent communications, Training and facilitation
- Excellent report writing, decision making and problem-solving
- Excellent presentation and IT-Skills
Bachelor’s preferably in Environmental Science/ Disaster Management/ Economics/ Business Studies/ Social Science from any recognised university/ institution
Minimum 02 years of relevant work experience
Festival Bonus, Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Health and Life Insurance and others
Application Closing Date: 4 July 2022
Job Source: BRAC Career