BRAC is an international development organisation founded in Bangladesh that partners with over 100 million people living with inequality and poverty globally to create sustainable opportunities to realise potential.
Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.
Location: BRAC Head Office
Date Posted: July 6, 2022
Last Date of Application: July 16, 2022
Responsible for planning, designing, and implementing interventions on DRR and Capacity Building for achieving strategic goal and objectives of the programme. Provide leadership in the development of DRR and resilience building framework, mainstream DRR in BRAC development programmes for resilience building, and technical assistance to strengthen organizational capacity and readiness, and reinforce the capacity of local government, local NGOs, and the communities.
- Contributing to the development and standardisation of tools, systems, and templates for the humanitarian capacity building activities to continue to increase the quality of the programmes delivered and to monitor their impact
- Supporting in designing, planning, budgeting, and implementing project activities; follow – up and monitoring the progress reporting and documentations
- Ensuring that the project is implemented timely, effectively, and to ensure sustainability of the project interventions beyond project end
- Develop a plan for capacity building initiatives of Disaster Risk Management Programme (DRMP) staff in DRR and resilience building issues and ensure the execution of the plan
- Develop training curriculums, modules, and handbooks for capacity building of different target groups for both BRAC and external stakeholders, and deliver/facilitate training sessions as needed
- Maintain liaison and strengthen linkage and communication with GO, NGO, INGO, UN, university, research agencies and other relevant stakeholders for the successful implementation of the programme
- Build knowledge of organisation level, civil society, communities, and volunteers, as well as the private sector, through sharing experiences, lessons learned, good practices and training and education on DRR, including the use of existing training and education mechanisms and peer learning
- Participate in national level coalitions/clusters on DRR & Resilience, emergency response and recovery issues, establish partnerships with other NGOs with proven expertise in the sector and identify areas of possible linkages
- Guide to ensuring projects adhere to technical norms and standards in resilience and DRR activities
- Guide the team to ensure that DRR and resilience are incorporated in the development of BRAC strategic and programmatic documents
- Represent BRAC in different national, regional, and international forum
- Collaborate with internal programme development team and Global Resource Mobilisation and Partnership (GRP) team of BRAC to explore new funding on training, innovative interventions on DRR and resilience building
- Contribute to develop project concept notes and proposals for the programme to explore new funding opportunities
- Provide technical guidance to training team to manage training curriculum and courses as per plan to develop DRR
- Supervise and ensure project lesson learnt documentation and project data-based is updated and ensuring timely completion and reporting of the activities
- Contribute to develop learning documents, case studies and comparative study documents for knowledge management and publication
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports capturing the progress against agreed work plans and learning
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Sound Knowledge on national and international policies and practices of DRR
- Sound knowledge on the computer applications (MS word, spreadsheet, Power Point)
- Knowledge and experience of GIS and RS will be an added advantage
- Understanding of advocacy, campaigning, and communications and how they contribute to achieving programme goals
- Proven experience on DRR and resilience building issues and Capacity Building activities
- Excellent interpersonal communication and facilitation skills
- Good communication skills in both English and Bengali and context analysis skills
- Excellent training module development, training delivery, influencing strategy development skills
- Project planning and organisational skills
- Ability to represent projects at various levels
- Strong ability and proven track record on capacity need assessment and influencing
- Strong communication ability to work with different stakeholders like Ministries, Private sector etc.
- Ability to prepare high quality reports and presentations for a range of key audience
- Demonstrated ability in the design and effective use of training materials
Masters preferably in Disaster Management/ Environment Science or Management/ Social Science/ Development Studies from any recognised university/ institution
Minimum 08 years working experience on DRR and capacity building programmes at national and international NGOs or relevant organisations. Experience in the establishment and support of community led projects particularly on DRR and resilience building.
Festival Bonus, Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Health and Life Insurance and others.
Application deadline: July 16, 2022
Job Source: BRAC Career