BRAC International Career | Financial Analyst
BRAC International announced a job opening for the position of Financial Analyst in which both local and international job seekers can apply.
Financial Analyst at BRAC International
Career with BRAC International
BRAC International is a leading non-profit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Founded in 1972, by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world, and is present in 15 countries across Asia and Africa today. BRAC designs proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on various programmes, including health, agriculture, microfinance, education, and youth empowerment, is touching the lives of over 100 million people in the Global South.
BRAC International (BI) is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Financial Analyst, BRAC International
The purpose of this position is to ensure effective and efficient financial management of BRAC International countries including its monitoring, financial reporting for external and internal stakeholders, effective liaison with country finance team to ensure financial control and management etc.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc)
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs and collecting operational data.
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis; identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Acting as the fund manager for different donor funded project, and work as focal person for assigned projects; Ensuring all required donor and investors / lenders report are submitted on time.
- Ensure compliance on Donor and Loan stipulations.
- Identifying and driving process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and Excel dashboards
- To accomplish any other duties as delegated by supervisors.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Accounting/Finance.
- Computer proficiency on MS office;
- Orientation with ERP & finance module;
- Strong interpersonal/ communication skills;
- Ability to take independent decisions
- 1-2 years of experience of working in international NGO. Freshers are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in donor funded projects & microfinance with understanding about rules and regulation of major donors;
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
Employment type: Regular/contractual
Job Location: BRAC International Dhaka Office, Bangladesh
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 55/23 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 11th November 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
Job Source: BRAC Career