Project Field Officer at Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS)
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society has published a job circular for the position of Project Field Officer.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
Red Cross – Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971. This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 50 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/ Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for suitable candidates for its Danish Red Cross supported Enhanced Community Resilience Program under health department:
|Job title||Project Field Officer|
|Number of vacancy||02 (Two).|
|Duration of contract||Upto 31 December 2022.|
|Salary Range||Upto BDT 40,000/-.|
|Age Limit||Minimum 35 years.|
|Reportable To||Program Manager, Health Department|
|Duty station||Sylhet-01, Netrokona-01.|
Under the supervision of the DRR Officer at NHQ, the Field Officer is responsible for the effective planning and implementation of project activities in targeted districts of Bangladesh based on approved plans. He/She will provide the necessary support to field staff and volunteers in the roll out planned activities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support field assessments, including community risk assessments, baseline and end line surveys, data collection, documentation, and dissemination of relevant information at field level
- Support the planning and implementation of project activities.
- Support the adaption of relevant IEC materials, message and tools for targeted audiences at community level.
- Support the rollout of training, coaching, mentoring and supervision of field staff and volunteers at Unit level and within the target districts.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and monthly detailed workplans and budgets to guide activity implementation at field level
- Support the identification and selection of community areas and beneficiaries for DRR interventions based on an approved selection criterion
- Support the roll out of child focussed DRR trainings, simulations and drills targeting schools, Madrasas and other institutions of higher learning.
- Establish and strengthen coordination mechanisms with stakeholders at districts and community level
- Support the establishment and strengthening of community engagement and accountability mechanisms, including systems for managing complaints and feedback
- Prepare and submit quality and timely reports on project implementation as per schedule
- Attend and participate in relevant DRR internal and external meetings and coordination activities at districts and community level
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have completed at least a bachelor’s degree in Disaster Management/Geography and Environmental Science, or any relevant field.
- Should have knowledge and understanding of DRM strategies, policies and frameworks for Bangladesh
- At least 2 years field operational experience in working with DRR/DRM interventions with reputable organisations in Bangladesh
- Strong background in implementation of disaster risk reduction interventions in development and humanitarian contexts
- Experienced in organizing and facilitating trainings, workshops and meetings for local communities (both adults and children)
- Proven experienced in working with communities, local governments, line agencies, and other humanitarian organizations.
- Knowledge and skills in project management (assessments, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation).
- Experience in Forecast Based Action (FbA), cash-voucher programming, Climate- smart solutions, Climate Change Adaptions (CAA) and other community driven solutions for DRR is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a diverse cultural environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), coordination, managing skills
- Strong problem identification, analytical and solving skills
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent in operating MS office software and use of technology in program management.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, lead team of diverse people, can travel and work to remotes and fragile contexts
- Departmental clearance will be required for internal candidates.
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please apply online before 5:00 pm, April 30, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Source: Bdjobs Job CircularShare