Finance Assistant at OXFAM Bangladesh
COXFAM Bangladesh has published a job circular for the position of Finance Assistant
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in providing a whole range of financial services to an organisation, ideally with at least 1 years in the International NGO?
Do you have ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation?
Do you have Sound accounting qualification and proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerised accounting packages and spreadsheets?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you!
Finance, Risk and Compliance team of Oxfam in Bangladesh works with a goal to support programme and other teams to provide all of the support related activities which includes financial and compliance and focuses on core financial solutions which incorporates many different facets from day-to-day activities, expenses, statutory and regulatory accounting, strategy and operations, analysis, planning and reporting for Countries and Regions, Affiliates.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Be responsible and accountable for day-to-day management of a defined accounting area.
- Contribute to the provision of management and operational services enabling delivery of key support activities within the treasury finance team which help other staff to perform effectively.
- Facilitate the day-to-day financial transaction processing related to cash.
- Maintain accounts of provident fund and accounts of gratuity fund.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an early career professional who is organized and enthusiastic, with capacity to work on a range of financial management. The professional will
- Sound accounting qualification (at least Bachelor’s degree in commerce)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in providing a whole range of financial services to an organisation, ideally with at least 1 year in the International NGO
- Proven ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation
- Analytical and planning skills
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerised accounting packages and spreadsheets
- Self-management including ability to prioritise own workload and work independently and commitment to meet deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of work
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam Bangladesh, to act as key contributor to our Finance team to work with a group of passionate people who are specialists in their field and offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Location: Dhaka. Job Type: Fixed Term (1 year)
Salary & Benefits: As per Oxfam national E1 pay band with other benefits e.g. medical for spouse and children, contributory provident fund, gratuity, leave & insurance, etc.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
How to apply:
- Go to: for external applicants:
- For internal applicants:
- Search for the vacancy using the reference number INT8333 complete the online application process
- Ensure you submit your application before midnight (GMT) on the closing date. Unless a different time is specified in the advert.
Application deadline: 04 May 2022
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Job Source: Bdjobs CircularShare