Health Officer, NO-B, Fixed Term, #98704, Dhaka, Bangladesh #550434 (For Bangladeshi Nationals Only)-Re-advertisement at UNICEF
The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has published a job circular for the position of Team Assistant.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a future.
How can you make a difference?
The Health Officer reports to the Health Specialist- Maternal and Adolescent Health under the technical guidance of the Health Manager-MNCAH and Chief for supervision. The Health Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the Health Programme within the Country Programme particularly on the child health including Non-Communicable diseases (NCD) and adolescent health, from development planning to delivery of results, by preparing, executing, managing, and implementing a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, programme progress monitoring, and evaluating and reporting of results.
Summary Of Key Functions/accountabilities
- Support to programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
For Detailed Job Responsibilities, Please Click The Link Below
JD_Health Officer NOB.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, child and adolescent health including Non-Communicable diseases, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates may be given preference over external candidates. The term “Internal” refers to all staff members with fixed term, continuing or permanent appointments.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The complete vacancy announcements can be reviewed via UNICEF Careers website at https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/
Job Source: Unisef Job Circular at LinkedinShare