Project Officer at OXFAM Bangladesh
OXFAM Bangladesh has published a job circular for the position of Project Officer
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Our Team :
Climate Justice and Natural Resource Rights is a portfolio of Oxfam in Bangladesh to enable vulnerable people from all genders including youth to have reduced loss and damage from climate change impacts and increased benefit from common pool ecosystem goods and services, though more power and leadership at community level. The team works with a rights-based approach towards natural management, climate finance and climate resilience. It includes a range of expertise and complementary functions of technical specialists, activists and managers.
Project Officer – Climate Finance will work under the Climate and Hydrological Analyst to develop and pilot climate finance solutions including climate risk insurances, build stakeholder capacity, do research for evidence-based advocacy and providing technical support to partners and manage field components of climate risk insurance activities.
The Project Officer will focus on the following outcome areas of the Climate Justice and Natural Resource Rights portfolio:
1.Replicable models of climate finance developed through analysis of climate and hydrological data
2.Stakeholder capacity strengthened for climate vulnerable communities to claim a just compensation and support system to cover climate change or hydrological hazard induced loss and damage
The role will be primarily focused on implementing climate risk insurance related activities under the partnership of Oxfam and the World Food Programme of the United Nations (WFP).
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an early career professional who is agile and have capacity to work with grassroots partners to mobilize research, capacity building and awareness raising at local level on inclusive climate finance (including climate risk insurance) and has ability to work as a deputy to the project manager.
S/he needs to have basic project management knowledge and some experience of implementing projects and openness to learn more.
The main Competencies for the Head of Climate Justice & Natural Resources Rights
are as follows:
- Undergraduate level degree in finance, insurance, disaster management, geography and environment or a subject closely related with climate finance
- Demonstrated knowledge of climate finance, micro and meso level disaster insurances
- Experience of project management support
- Understanding of national and international policies and practices related with climate finance
- Experience of partnership-based work, preferably in networked manner and with grassroots partners
- Writing and speaking ability with simplicity for a wide range of audience in English and Bengali
- Publications related with climate finance and/or hazard risk analysis
- Experience of activism and advocacy at the grassroots level
- Research and capacity building experience
- Value alignment for environmental justice, rights-based approach and feminist principles
- Good report writing capacity
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to undertake Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adherence of relevant policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam GB, to act as key contributor to Bangladesh Country Programme, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their Humanitarian fields, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh, Job Type: Fixed Term
Salary : BDT. 8,99,126 gross per annum (13 months) with other benefits.
[Only Bangladeshi National are eligible to apply]
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
How to apply:
- Go to: for external applicants:
- For internal applicants:
- Search for the vacancy using the reference number INT8633 complete the online application process
- Ensure you submit your application before midnight (GMT) on the closing date. Unless a different time is specified in the advert.
Application deadline: 23 June 2022
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Job Source: Bdjobs CircularShare