Project Officer : ActionAid
Last Updated on July 1, 2022
Project Officer at ActionAid Bangladesh
ActionAid Bangladesh has recently published a job circular for the position of Project Officer.
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
|Project||:||Safety Net System for the Poorest (SNSP) program in Camp 13, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26 & 27, (Funded by WFP)|
|Location of posting||:||Ukhiya & Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar|
|Types of contract||:||Fixed term contract|
|Duration of Contract||:||Up to 31 December 2022 (if not extended)|
|Number of Position||:||4|
|Salary and benefits||:||Monthly Gross Salary will be BDT. 65,075 with other admissible benefits such as mobile & internet allowance, medical benefit, group life insurance etc.|
Bangladesh is hosting the largest refugee population since August 2017 with her limited resources. More than 918,841 Rohingya refugees currently residing in Bangladesh including 48.5% men & boys and 51.5% women & girls who are initially dependent on aid from the international community.
ActionAid is implementing Safety Net System for the Poorest (SNSP) program in Camp 13, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26 & 27. Besides, ActionAid has a few ongoing programmed in different sectors e.g., Protection, WASH, NFI, etc. inside the camps. Since the continuation of humanitarian assistance, ActionAid has developed relationships with a range of camp actors, including the Rohingya and their representatives and successfully doing the site management role. ActionAid is working with WFP to facilitate the intervention in the 10 camps to ensure quality life-skills training in order to provide training and incentives to 3200 Rohingya youth and adolescents volunteers to contribute to the effectiveness of camp-level services.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
Coordinate and Implement SNSP Activities in the Camps (75 % of time)
- Assist and lead program intervention in the camp in accordance with the project work plan and budget.
- Oversee project intervention planning and execution in the camp.
- Lead community mobilizer and Life Skill Trainers in planning and organizing youth engagement.
- Assist MIS officer while maintaining participants’ database regularly.
- Assist interactive theatre assistant in the facilitation of interactive theatre activities in the camps.
- Facilitate and establish a progressive communication channel with camp authority and other stakeholders.
- Initiate capacity development activities for the programme staff.
- Assist PM in developing a life skills training program in accordance with UNICEF guidelines.
- Create a detailed life skills training plan and execute it in accordance with the quality standard.
- Any assigned task assigned by the project manager.
Reporting and Documentation (25% of time)
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Ensure documentation of camp level approvals, meetings, and other events.
- Consolidate field data, good examples, and lessons learned.
- Maintain and compile updates and reporting according to the prescribed template for M&E and donor
- Project Officer will report to Project Manager
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development studies, or a related discipline
- At least 2 years of work experience in a developmental organization.
- Knowledge and experience in management, research, networking & Human Rights-Based Approach
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Wednesday, 06 July 2022.
- Please click here to submit your application.
Job Source: Bdjobs Circular
Job Category: NGO Jobs