Programme Officer at ActionAid Bangladesh
ActionAid Bangladesh has recently published a job circular for the position of Associate Programme Officer.
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Associate Programme Officer
|Directorate||:||Programme, Policy & Campaigns|
|Unit||:||Resilience and Climate Justice|
|Project||:||Energy Transition Project|
|Location of posting||:||Dhaka|
|Types of contract||:||Contractual|
|Duration of Contract||:||28 February 2023|
|Number of Position||:||01 (One)|
|Salary and benefits||:||Monthly Gross Salary will be 48,298/- with other admissible benefits such as mobile and internet allowance, medical benefit and group life insurance coverage etc.|
The purpose of the position is to achieve the target of the energy transition project through supporting Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) including their platforms, networks and communities. Specifically, to support their policy advocacy, campaign, evidence generation, public meetings and events, support to Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) to ensure human rights, energy rights and the environment protection. Supports to the team according to the program, policy and strategic direction. Also responsible for attaining the emerging and priority issue that required by the organisation.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
Achieving Project Outcomes (60% Time)
- Organize public events such as workshops, seminars, and consultation meetings at the local and
- national levels.
- Periodic and issue-based report writing in both English and Bangla.
- Assist partners to prepare programs and financial reports in due time.
- Assist to develop working papers and advocacy-campaign materials.
- Support to enhance the capacity of community and CSO regarding organization building, advocacy and
- Assist in research work and prepare policy briefs.
Logistics Management (30% Time)
- Support in fund disbursement to the partners and consultants.
- Assist in organising team meetings.
- Assist in producing publications and printing.
- Arrange field visits when required including float collection, adjustment, and preparing field visit
- Assist in hiring consultants and purchase materials.
- Assist to team during grant proposal submission to donors.
Other Engagements (10% Time)
- Attend all staff meetings and events.
- Participate in the different committees when assigned by the line manager.
- Read and understand AAB mission, vision, theory of change and policies.
Associate Programme Officer will report to Project Manager of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/He has to maintain functional relationship with his/her peers, greater programme team including project teams under PPC Directorate and organisation’s priority teams. S/He must be able to communicate with other teams and units both programme and operational.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public policy and Governance, Environmental science, Development studies or any other relevant field of study
- Two years in relevant experience with adequate knowledge on
- Civil Society/Citizen platforms, Networking, Policy Advocacy, and Campaign
- Green Energy, Ecology and Climate justice
- Human Rights and Corporate Accountabilities
- Community Empowerment
- Online campaign and virtual materials development) in any development organisations.
- Working Knowledge on energy transition and environmental policy/acts, safeguard mechanism, corporate conduct, research work and human rights.
- Advocacy & campaign on the mentioned areas.
- Grass-root and youth mobilisation on human right related issues.
- Experience of preparing quality policy brief, program and event report reports
- Writing and speaking in English and Bangla.
- Computer literacy on MS Office, database, and graphics.
- Presentation and facilitation with a participatory approach.
- Communication and liaison with policy stakeholders, CSOs and partners.
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Saturday, 23 April 2021
- Please click here to submit your application.