Last Updated on July 23, 2022
Citibank N.A, Bangladesh has recently published a circular for the position of Officer, Market Operations.
The Securities & Derivative Analyst 1 is an entry level position responsible for processing orders and transactions originating from trading desks and branch offices in coordination with the Operations – Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the clearance, settlement and investigation of client securities and derivatives transactions.
- Perform trade verifications to ensure accuracy of booking requests
- Generate and match trade confirmations according to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) templates
- Complete settlement tasks and daily rate revaluations accurately and on time
- Coordinate transaction processing issues to the appropriate department and collaborate on a solution
- Perform regulatory controls, account reconciliations, and record retention activities in accordance with established policies
- Prepare and submit periodic internal and external regulatory reports
- Participate in the periodic General Ledger (GL) proofing exercises as directed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Relevant experience preferred
- Fundamental understanding of Treasury products, accounting and regulatory policies
- Proven ability to perform various concurrent activities/projects in a high-risk environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of macros
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting or Finance
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Perform the role of maker activities for transaction processing and settlement of the products related to ‘Treasury Operations’, Regulatory Reporting, Internal Reporting and other activities as and when assigned by the supervisor.
- FX Processing
- FX-Check FX payment and receipt
- FX Transactions processing, settlement and documentation
- Tracking the deals with VD in ME if Holiday and ensure proper MT202 generation prior to VD to avoid blank payment message generation for the deals
- MM Processing
- MM transaction processing, settlement and documentation
- Customer FX Processing
- Dispatching confirmation to clients and tracking till resolution.
- Performing Signature Verification on the client instruction
- FI Processing
- Back up for FI transaction processing, settlement and documentation (Primary/Secondary Trading)
- Regulatory and Internal Reporting
- Daily FX Position Report
- Intimation to Seniors regarding the daily open position
- Daily Exchange Rate Report
- FX Transaction report
- FX transaction & Exchange report to BAFEDA
- Back up for Cancel/Reinstated Deal Reporting
- Back up for Dealer Limit Monitoring
- Back up for Off Hour deal Reporting
- Back up for Deal delay Reporting
- Interbank Transaction Matrix Reporting.
- Transaction Profile Tracking Reporting
- Monthly TDS Reporting
- Monthly FX,MM, FI cancelled / reinstated deals reporting
- E-Dealer Revenue Reporting
- Daily Exchange House Quotation Report
- Updating the Regulatory Report tracker on daily basis
- DB 5d reporting for security purchase from primary or secondary market
- Back up for Customer Forward Outstanding Reporting
- Monthly Report to BSEC regarding status of Capital Market Investment
- EUC related activities:
- Responsible for timely completion of EUC reviews as secondary owner.
- Ensuring the EUC portal is updated for any structural change/development/retirement of existing EUC’s.
- Ensuring smooth roll out of new projects along with implementation of any policy change guided by Global EUC team.
- Monthly & Weekly Securities revaluation Checking
- Escalation of issues (tech, operational etc.) and work closely with stakeholders for resolution
- Execution of NOSTRO fund transfer instructions from FO along with CSV posting in FLEXCUBE.
- Internal and Regulatory audit deliverable coordination and collation for submission
- As QAP Analyst, perform Quality Assurance on Sanction screening and dispositions on monthly basis as per QAP standards and process and upload results in Share Point site.
- Monthly Review of FX unconfirmed trades ageing over 30 days and escalation to senior management
- Work on various assignments and tasks as and when assigned by line manager or senior management
- Annual update of Process notes relevant to the processes executed and as assigned by supervisor
Project & Automation
·System Enhancement and rollout report/system automation
·Work on various projects, initiatives, regional exercise as and when assigned
·Regulatory Report Automation through RegInsight for the assigned reports
·Back up of various activities of other maker functionalities
Administrative / Managerial Responsibilities:
- Driving Changes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes on an ongoing basis.
- Coordination skills and Effective Team player.
- A deep understanding and insight on the various systems and their interlink ages.
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to work in operations.
- Keeping up to date on new developments viz. Policies, regulatory changes and building cross functional expertise.
Job Family Group:Operations – Transaction Services
Job Family:Securities and Derivatives Processing
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
Job Source: citibank careerShare