Executive – Regional Retail (Internship) at Daraz
Daraz Bangladesh has published a circular for the position of Executive – Regional Retail (Internship).
Launched in 2012, Daraz is South Asia’s online shopping and selling destination of choice – present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Nepal. Supported by a wide range of tailored marketing, data, and service solutions, the pioneering e-commerce ecosystem in South Asia has 30,000 sellers and 500 brands, serving 5 million consumers. With 2 million products available, Daraz offers a diverse assortment of products in categories ranging from consumer electronics to household goods, beauty, fashion, sports equipment, and groceries. Focused on providing an excellent customer experience, it offers multiple payment methods including cash-on-delivery, comprehensive customer care, and hassle-free returns. Daraz is owned by Alibaba Group Holding Limited.
At Daraz, we believe in chasing hard towards big goals. By 2022, we have six aspirations to lead Pakistan into the digital era:
Part of our mission is to establish a robust, sustainable, and engaging retail business. With a carefully crafted selection of products that we choose to maintain under our own inventory, the Retail channel has a high repurchase rate and contributes significantly to our revenue streams.
During this internship, the chosen candidate will play a key role in supporting retail teams to achieve their core retail KPIs and growth objectives. This is to be achieved by owning segments of the regional retail performance management and governance areas.
- Analyze retail performance across all ventures to identify key success factors and/or opportunities for growth.
- Maintain and create SOP documentation pertaining to Retail Operations, Purchasing, Customer Operations, and Campaign subdivisions.
- Define and develop Retail PMOs pertaining to strategic retail initiatives along with the Retail Regional Head.
- Liaise with project stakeholders as required to ensure the efficient delivery of desired outcomes.
- Establish the weekly retail reporting structure in order to enable quick decision-making across the ventures. Fostering a regionally driven recommendation channel based on this reporting mechanism.
- Identify areas of improvement in retail operational areas and work with the Regional Retail Head to identify appropriate strategies to resolve them.
- Work with all Retail sub-divisions across the ventures and identify the necessary training and gaps in skills for prioritized resolving.
- Graduation from any Reputed Public /Private University in any discipline.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years experience in Finance or Supply Chain
- Problem Solving Skill.
- Have to be Energetic, smart, and can-do attitude.
- Proficient in MS Office (Must Have Advanced working knowledge in Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to successfully negotiate with different stakeholders across the various business.
- Ability to work under pressure and take on new challenges.
Competencies (Functional/Behavioral) & Values:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Soft skills and systems knowledge
- Problem Solving
Importantly, we look for someone who will live by our values that define everything we do:
- Continuously Innovative
- Generosity of Spirit
- Deliver on our Promise
- Make It Personal
What we offer:
- The international working environment in a start-up setting, and a unique opportunity to learn from the best in e-commerce (Alibaba Group) and business growth.
- A platform to learn from Alibaba’s world-leading ecosystem with regular visits to China and Southeast Asia.
- Rigorous training and exposure in team management, leadership, business analytics, and operations.
- An opportunity to train the next generation of business leaders in the ‘tech’ industry.
- Competitive salary and incentive package.
- Relocation support (if applicable)
*Females are encouraged to apply.