HSBC Bangladesh has recently published a job circular for the position of Credit Analyst, Credit Analysis Unit, Wholesale Banking (Assistant Vice President).
About the job
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some career choices have more impact than others.
HSBC Wholesale Banking (WSB) serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team in the role of Credit Analyst, Wholesale Banking.
The Role requires the Analyst to be a part of Credit Analysis Team in Dhaka which supports Wholesale Banking clients in Bangladesh. In addition, the analyst would also be required to liaise with the business and other functions which would enable him/her to carry out the duties.
In this role, you will:
- Undertake high quality industry, competitor and client level analysis for Wholesale Banking (WSB) Relationship Management (RM) Team.
- Analyze financial documentation and supplemental data to support lending decision-making and recommending credit requests to appropriately meet business needs.
- Prepare credit analyses and proposals in support of new and existing business relationships.
- Personally develop and maintain strong working relationships with WSB RMs/Associates along with executives in Risk to ensure that all risks to the business, financial and non-financial, are properly recognized and thoughtfully mitigated in proposals.
- Ensure that all work is delivered within agreed timeframes and meets the required high quality standard.
- Understand and comply with all relevant policies, guidelines and procedures issued by the Group.
- Pro-actively suggest and design improvements in process workflow, where applicable.
- Communicate clearly with team members and other parts of WSB as required.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards.
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role, and to ensure that all actions during their employment with HSBC take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behavior, actions and decision making.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor/ Masters degree from a public/private university.
- Professional Certifications (CA, CFA, etc.) are an added advantage.
- Experience in banking operations particularly in Wholesale banking, Credit or Risk
- Sound knowledge of trade services, treasury, and investment banking products, local regulations and exposure to corporate banking industry is crucial.
- Highly proficient at Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English.
- Hard-working, organized, diligent, and above all a good team player.
Please apply with your updated CV on, or before 30 July 2023.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Job Source: HSBC Job CircularShare