Last Updated on May 26, 2022
Assistant Leaf Officer at British American Tobacco (BAT) Bangladesh
BAT is evolving at a pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT BANGLADESHIS LOOKING FOR AN ASSISTANT LEAF OFFICER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
FUNCTION: Leaf Operations
SALARY RANGE: Competitive Salary + Excellent benefits + Market leading bonus
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is responsible for implementing the Area/Regional leaf operations plan that meets the extension, volume & quality objectives by building effective partnership with registered farmers in order to ensure buying only the supervised run of crop optimally & efficiently.
Reports to: Area Leaf Manager/Regional Leaf Manager
Reporting Level: Mid – Senior Level
Geographic Scope: Chittagong /Kushtia /Manikgonj /Rangpur Area
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Establish a close working relationship with field technicians whilst training them to update their knowledge/understanding on technical/business/social issues.
- Implementation of leaf standard methodologies to improve quality & optimize the farmers’ cost of production in the areas of integrated crop management practices including IPM, adoption & expansion of improved varieties, soil fertility & energy conservation, post-harvest & curing management, grading at farmers premises.
- Ensure timely distribution/realization of the crop inputs & implementation of different farmers’ support programs.
- Establish & build partnership with the farmers through training & extension services to gain high levels of community support & dedication.
- Formulate & implement an operational/tactical Leaf buying plan consistent with the market scenario
- Implement the R&D plan
- Implementation of Afforestation program to sustain self-sufficiency in curing fuel, and of other Leaf Social initiatives
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have basic knowledge about Leaf Intelligence?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A sound educational background with a bachelor’s degree (agriculture, agronomy, soil science, biotechnology, botany, forestry etc.)
- Fresh graduates are highly encouraged to apply
- Ability to be empowered, work independently, and focus on results
- A proven record to build close working relationships with a diverse range of partners
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Prior hands-on experience in agriculture / similar roles
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Job Source: BAT Career