Business Assurance Support Officer at British Council Dhaka
Location: Dhaka, South Asia, BD
Company: British Council
Procurement Officer, Procurement and Contracting
The purpose of this role is to provide procurement and logistics services, including but not limited to, procuring goods and services in accordance with global British Council procurement policy and standards. The role bearer should support the Procurement Manager in ensuring procurement processes are effective, efficient and provide the best possible value to the relevant department.
Main accountabilities, not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and facilitate the approved acquisition of goods and services, raising Purchase Orders (POs), goods and invoice receipting, and assisting the Procurement Manager in the preparation of bid invitations.
- Facilitate selection of appropriate vendors and procurement methods based on procurement requirements and corporate standards.
- Monitor and review progress of contractual agreements, review invoices for payment.
- Create and maintain procurement records, including electronic records in SAP, and other systems whilst ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
- Support the wider BSS team to resolve problems or disputes as required under the guidance of the Procurement Manger so far as it relates to the technicalities of procurement and payment.
- Contact vendors or agency representatives to inquire about existing and new product information, solicit bids, develop requests for quotations; and confer with vendors regarding damaged goods, delayed payments or related information.
- Conduct periodic vendor evaluations/surveys to ensure supplier development
- Work with the operational teams to determine strategic procurement requirements.
- Engage in cost negotiations with select suppliers as required.
- Develop lead times for procurement based on material groups.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions and maintain supplier relationships.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
You should bring along:
- Proof of Identity requirements/right to work in country
- Written and verbal proficiency in English is required
- Graduate in any discipline. Post graduate degree (Finance and/or Business and/or Management) would be desirable
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in working with a large quantity of vendors and contracts.
- Knowledge on category management of services.
- Experience of an ERP system. Knowledge on SAP ERP MM (Materials Management) module would be desirable
- Effective communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Judgment and decision-making skills
- Skills on Management of Material Resources
British Council Core Skills:
You must be able to display the following skills:
- Communicating and influencing (Level 2)
Displays good listening, writing and speaking skills, setting out logical arguments clearly and adapting language and form of communication to meet the needs of different people/audiences.
- Planning & organising (Level 1)
Able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes.
- Finance & resource management (Level 2)
Uses corporate financial systems and processes appropriately as part of the job and on behalf of a team.
Pay band: PB4/H Local contract
Department: Procurement and Contracting, Bangladesh
Contract type: Full Time
Application Closing Date: March 14, 2022
To be considered for this job, you must already have the right to live and work in Bangladesh. Please be aware that for this role, we are not able to sponsor working visa.