Logistics Advisor : Chevron
Last Updated on June 21, 2022
Logistics Advisor at Chevron Bangladesh
Chevron has recently published a circular for the position of GP Operations Specialist
Chevron is accepting online applications from qualified and confirmed Bangladesh Nationals for the position of Logistics Advisor located in Dhaka, Bangladesh only”
Job title: Logistics Advisor
Job location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manage end to end logistics function such as import, export, re-export, reporting for both base business, projects and wells functions by liaising with suppliers, customers, 3rd party logistics, international freight forwarders, regulatory authorities (Petrobangla, Ministry, CCI&E, NBR/Customs, department of explosive, department of environment) and all other relevant stakeholders.
- Set strategies and planning for segregating and consolidating the materials located at various international hubs of freight forwarders and lead the importation from various countries across the globe by scheduling the mode of transport, route selection, appropriate container selection (FCL/LCL/BB/chartered/part chartered) etc.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in INCOTERMS, transport modelling, route optimization, import/export policy, SRO, Customs Act, foreign exchange regulation, customs duties, that ensure optimized, safe and reliable end to end (supplier to end user) logistics operation.
- Manage and develop local C&F and Transportation contractors to meet requirements of Chevron HSE policies and ethical standards. Ensure safe handling of materials during loading, unloading and transportation. Provide logistics support and guidance to Third party service contractors for obtaining government permits, port clearances and inland transportation of operational and project materials for on time delivery and reducing demurrage cost.
- Responsible for managing the performance of contractors such as international freight forwarder and C&F agents. Develops functional benchmarking of suppliers, review contractor’s performance based on bilaterally agreed KPI, catalog utilization and invoice payment. Conduct supplier qualification meetings (SQM) with all service providers periodically, analyze the Gap and set mitigation plan to eliminate all gaps. Monitor, analyze and improve logistics cycle time (expediting open PO’s, transportation and clearance of material and receipt at FF) and cost. In coordination with procurement, plan and execute transportation/freight efficiently to keep transportation cost low.
- Hands on experience in SCM module of cloud-based ERP (SMART by GEP), JDE Enterprise, Power BI, JDE Expediting, e-SAR, ERP of FF (OGS) etc.
- Full-time, subject to successful completion of probation period.
- Masters/MBA from a reputed local/foreign university/college.
- Relevant experience in operational procurement and logistics function specially in oil & gas company.
- 8-10 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Bangla
Apply through This link
Application Deadline: 27th June, 2022
Job Source: BdJobs Circular