Data Management Officer : Red Crescent
Last Updated on April 18, 2022
Data Management Officer at Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS)
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society has published a job circular for the position of Data Management Officer.
Red Cross – Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the Movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971. This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government in the Disaster Management field, BDRCS provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 50 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/ Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for potential candidate for following position:
Name of the post : Data Management Officer.
Job Nature : Contractual.
Number of position : 01 (One).
Job Location : National Headquarters, Dhaka.
Contract period : Till December 2022.
Age limit : 40 years (age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate).
Salary range : BDT. 40,000/- to 45,000/- (Monthly accumulated)
At least Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline.
3 to 5 year(s)
- Ensure to update all volunteer’s information in Central Information Management systems and processes, including but not limited to data collection, storage, analysis and reporting.
- Strengthen information management flows, including the processing of data, conducting quality checks, analysis, and presentation of data to inform to inform evidence-based decision making.
- Provide technical support and guidance to operations and program leads on data collection, data entry and use of standardized systems to support humanitarian operations and long-term programs.
- Be responsible for quality control procedure (including but not limited to, random phone calls to check data entry quality)
- Troubleshoot data submission errors and data error issues
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis
- Ensure data management procedures and projects have meet established deadlines
- Assist in defining and/or creating data listings, summary table validation, data specifications and/or process data transfers in preparation for statistical review
- Develop and implement data management plans
- Facilitate data literacy trainings for the volunteers across the organization.
- Produce weekly, monthly, annual data reports
- Understand and ensure privacy law and standards
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of data, when applicable
- Professional experience in collecting, compiling, interpreting, and analyzing data
- Professional experience in the development and use of GIS, database systems, data visualization and other information management tools and mechanisms
- Experience using and designing on mobile data collection tools, such as Kobo or ODK.
- Experience in networking and communicating with different stakeholders such as government, UN, NGOs and other organizations (preferred).
- An understanding of the RC/RC movement is required.
- Strong organizational skills, methodological and logical approach to tasks and problem solving.
- Good presentation, facilitation and note-taking skills.
- Ability to organize, analyze and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Demonstrated ability to promote collaboration.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions and data cleaning).
- Sound knowledge of data collecting tools (e.g. Kobo, ODK, Magpie), reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau) and GIS software (QGIS).
- Departmental clearance will be required for internal candidates.
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please apply online before 5:00 pm, April 23, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Source: Bdjobs Job CircularShare