MetLife Bangladesh has published a circular for the position of Assistant Manager, Investment.
The incumbent will be primarily working in the front office of investment function and also take up some of the back office roles
- Negotiate with counterparties to optimize return and minimize transaction cost
- Execution of trades to achieve investment targets and maintain records of the executed trades; collaborate with local finance and risk teams in middle and back-office handling of investment activities
- Responsible for internal and external reporting and management reporting regarding to Bangladesh investment
- Investments documentation maintenance and preservation
- Collaborate with external fund managers and perform attribution analysis
- Develop and maintain market connections, liaise with external asset managers/banks and service providers
- Support head of investment to develop and maintain portfolio strategy, manage ALM, credit and other market risks
- Follow local capital market movement, analyze market trends, monitor issuance pipelines and trading activities, provide timely updates, and work closely with the head of investment and regional research teams to develop proper investment tactical plans
- Collaborate with local finance, product, risk and business teams to support country business and product strategies, pricing, financial planning and capital management etc.
- Analyzing prospective investment opportunities
- Other responsibilities of the investment functions as necessary
- Post Graduation in Finance, Economics, Investment, or related field
- CFA charterholders or candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- 2 years’ experience is preferred
- Freshers with interest in investment management are also encouraged to apply
- Analytical, problem-solving, detail-oriented, and self-driven. Ability to effectively communicate with senior and cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong command in excel
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
Application Deadline: December 3, 2023
*MetLife Bangladesh is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity at workplace
Job Source: Job Circular Link