Last Updated on July 25, 2022
Pan Pacific Sonargaon Dhaka hotel has published a circular for the position of Assistant Sous Chef.
The Trusted Global Hospitality Group
Pan Pacific Sonargaon Dhaka, a 5-Star Hotel in Dhaka, Bangladesh; is being operated by Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Singapore and a member of the Global Hotel Alliance encompassing over 450 upscale and luxury hotels & resorts globally.
We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the following position of the Food & Beverage-Kitchen Department. The candidates must fulfill the following criteria to qualify for the position:
|Position:||Assistant Sous Chef|
Assistant Sous Chef shall be the representative of Pan Pacific Sonargaon Dhaka to ensure 5 Star Standard Food Preparation & Presentation for our valued guests with smiling face and handle every related issue efficiently, courteously and professionally. Also, assist Executive Chef for the overall operations of the F&B-Kitchen Department of the Hotel. The incumbent has to perform the following duties but not limited to, as follows:
- Manage & Monitor activities of all Associates in the Food & Beverage-Kitchen Department such as standard of service excellence, policies & procedures, training and correcting where needed as per the direct supervision of Executive Chef.
- Develops attractive menus and creates standard recipe cards with pictures according to the Executive Chef’s policy.
- Develop & propose Special menu which meet the needs of target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- Make sure that all Kitchen (chiller, Fridger etc.) equipment and utensils are clean and in well working condition at all times.
- Maintain high level of food safety and hygiene protocols at work place.
- Assist the Executive Chef to control costs by minimizing spoilage, utilizing food surpluses and portion controls.
- Maintain close liaison with Catering Team for efficient handling of the Banquet events.
- Help to direct, control and coordinate the activities of all chefs and kitchen helpers, engaged in preparing and cooking food, to ensure an efficient, profitable and smooth food service at all times.
- Plan and implementation effective skills and communication training programs in conjunction with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers and motivate all associates through professionalism, organizational skills and team spirit to perform their duties.
- Manage outsourced contract work including preparation of Scope of Works, review of proposal, oversee and supervise works, acceptance, testing and monitor reports.
- Any other lawful assignment given by the competent authority as and when requirement basis.
- Minimum HSC/Diploma from a reputed food engineering institution. Higher Educational Qualification will get preference.
- Minimum 10 (ten) years of experience in Kitchen Section with at least 3-5 years as Chef De Partie/Junior Sous Chef in a leading 4 or 5 Star Hotel. Overseas experience holders will get preference.
- Vast experience on Menu preparation, Food recipe preparation & Cooking etc.
- Should possess strong networking capability, entertaining clients, ability to plan ahead and ready to work under pressure.
- Not more than 40 (forty) years of age as of Last date of submitting the application.
- Age & Experience limit may be relaxed for extraordinary candidates as per the discretion of the Management.
- Presentable personality, well groomed, courteous and excellent inter-personal relationship skills.
- Fluent in spoken & written English and Bangla as well as very good in listening. Other language proficiency will be counted as an added advantage.
- Familiar with MS Office package and Internet Browsing.
- Strong Leadership skills & administrative capabilities are required to run the Kitchen activities smoothly.
- Should have a “Can Do Attitude”.
- Ready to work extra hours irrespective of Duty schedule based on emergency situations.
Job Facilities: Competitive salary package with other admissible benefits.
Application Procedures: Please send Application & Resume with a recent photograph by August 06, 2022 by
Postal Mail or in Person to the following address:
Human Capital and Development Department
Pan Pacific Sonargaon Dhaka
107, Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Dhaka 1215
E-Mail: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be called for assessment. PLEASE ONLY APPLY “IF” YOU MEET OR EXCEED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS.
Application Closing Date: August 06, 2022 at 4:30 PM
Job Source: Bdjobs CircularShare