Last Updated on June 16, 2022
Assistant Project Officer, PWD, Education, HCMP at BRAC
- This position will ensure the Host and FDMN teachers management as well as the learning centres management and also conduct daily supervisory visits of schools to evaluate adherence to minimum standards for learning.
- Ensure all the aspects to open the Learning centres/ Schools.
- Ensure accessibility of the children with disabilities in the LCs/Schools
- Identify the children with disability and recommend them for further remedial services.
- Ensure the reasonable accommodation for the children with disabilities in the learning centres.
- Ensure removal of all barriers for the children with disabilities
- Being able to supervise at least 13 school with around 1000 students.
- Develop the capacity of the teachers to teach children with disabilities in the LCs/schools.
- Conduct daily supervisory visits of 3-4 schools/learning centres to evaluate adherence to minimum standards for learning for the children with disabilities.
- Collect data from school/LC and ensure the daily attendance, enrolment information particularly for the children with disabilities.
- Distribute teaching materials, maintaining stock position and supervise proper usage in classroom for the children with disabilities.
- Conduct basic needs assessments including survey households and site assessments for learning centres.
- Follow up on LC/school repairing and reconstruction work and ensure safe and conductive classroom for children with disabilities.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Work at office
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Education / Development Studies / Social Science or any other relevant subject from any recognized university.
- At least 1 year(s)
- BRAC’s values and mission
- Knowledge on educational requirements of development sector
- Teacher training
- Conducting surveys
- Budgeting and stock counting
- Inventory management
- Report writing
- Understanding of education sector
- Facilitating group meetings
- Managing timelines
- Oral and written fluency in both Bangla and English
- Handling critical issues
- Excellent communication skill
- Supervisory ability
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf, Ukhia)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance
- Festival Bonus: 2
- Health Insurance
- As per organisation policy
Application Closing Date: 16 June 2022
Job Source: Bdjobs Circular