International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh (icddr,b) has published a job circular for the position of Research Trainee.
Research Trainee (Adv#144/2022)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddrb as a values-based organization encourages women and people with disabilities.
The Advancing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (AdSEARCH) project of icddr,b aims to improve sexual and reproductive health (SRH) outcomes and realise rights among different population groups with distinct SRH needs in Bangladesh. To be implemented by researchers from different divisions of icddr,b, this research project will explore, understand, and assess some key components of SRHR among different population groups who have the highest-burden, distinct needs and vulnerabilities. These groups include adolescents and young adults, newly married couples, pregnant women, neonates and under-five children, women working in the RMG sector and key population for their particular vulnerability and/or marginalisation. The project will be focusing on generating new evidence related to family planning, abortion, post-abortion care, STI/RTIs, and reproductive cancers and maternal and neonatal health.
The Research Trainee position will provide an opportunity for aspiring researchers to get to work in the research based environment at icddr,b. This training fellowship is aimed at capable individuals who have recently completed their Masters or primary professional education, are in the career formative stage, and are interested to make a career in public health research. This trainee will be required to perform duties as assigned by the supervisor. Excellent performing candidates will have the opportunity for future career at icddr,b.
The Research Trainees will be reporting to Project Coordinator. They will be responsible for:
- Conduct literature review, analyze data and draw scientific inferences;
- Create detailed research design and methodology to achieve the study objectives;
- Estimate requirements for financial and non-financial resources based on research methodology;
- Circulate new protocol drafts internally and externally, seek feedback and modify accordingly;
- Coordinate with Research Administration (RA) for approvals for research-related activities;
- Monitor and co-ordinate the project related activities and staff,
- Conduct periodic field visits for coordination and mitigating operational challenges and work with PI in cost tracking activities.
- Prepare presentation slides and presentation in different scientific forum;
- Write study reports and articles for peer-reviewed journals;
- Conduct peer reviews of manuscripts of other researchers in order to support scientific manuscript creation while developing one’s own scientific writing abilities.
Required qualification and experience:
Young, bright individuals who meet the following criteria and are aspiring to develop their career as public health researchers in the research-based environment at icddr,b are encouraged to apply.
- Masters degree in Public Health/Social Science/Population Science/Statistics/Applied Statistics/Biostatistics/Epidemiology/Nutrition/ Development Studies/Bioinformatics/Information Technology or MBBS from reputed institute with excellent academic records.
- At least 1 year experience in public health or digital health/e-health (preferably in maternal, newborn and child health/ adolescent health /sexual and reproductive health and rights) with strong interpersonal and excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Candidates demonstrated exceptional research skills and/or have publications in international peer-reviewed journals with significant contribution will be given preference.
- Must have strong critical thinking skills, ability to identify substantive problems that threaten to the research activities and creative capacity to resolve these problems. S/he should be proactive, dynamic, and capable of working independently.
Contract Type and duration:
- Research Traineeship basis; duration will be 1 year with a possibility of extension subject to availability of fund and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Monthly Stipend is Tk 67,690/-(consolidated).
- The progress of the Fellows will be monitored and evaluated. On successful completion of training and final evaluation, the Fellow will be awarded certificates.
- Income tax paid by icddr,b and subsidized canteen; Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
No of Post: 2
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test /interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by August 13, 2022.
National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Job Source: icddrb career