Internship (Fellow) at ActionAid Bangladesh
ActionAid Bangladesh has recently published a job circular for the position of Fellow/Internship.
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
|Directorate||:||Programme, Policy & Campaigns-1|
|Location of posting||:||Dhaka|
|Types of contract||:||Contractual|
|Duration of Contract||:||4 Months (15 May – 14 September 2022)|
|Number of Position||:||01 (One)|
|Monthly Honorarium||:||Monthly Honorarium will be BDT 25,000 with group life insurance coverage|
The overall purpose is this position is to review the Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP) of AAB and find out the gap of information. Collect information from different government and non-government department to update the information. Conduct meetings to share the update information with Humanitarian Programme Team and Finalize the EPP of AAB. He/she is responsible for finalize the AAB’s EPP. He/she will be closely work with the humanitarian program team and others unit of AAB to collect the update information in related to update the EPP. This position reports to the Deputy manager of Humanitarian Programme.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
Job Responsibility 01 (Total Time: 90%)
- Review the AAB’s Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP) and find out the gap in information.
- Collect information from different government and non-government departments to update the information
- Conduct meetings to share the updated information with Humanitarian Programme Team.
- Finalize the EPP of AAB
Job Responsibility 02 (Total Time: 10%)
- Assist the programme team in day-to-day work by providing logistics arrangements and communications support
- Perform any other tasks related to the assigned by the programme head.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy manager – Humanitarian Programme, she/he is expected to maintain a functional relationship with her/his peers in the team, priority and project management team. S/he must be able to communicate with other teams and units, both program and function regarding programme and operational issues.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Disaster Management
- One year of relevant experience in any development organization
- Skill on documentation and reporting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Basic understanding on disaster management and National humanitarian restructures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill both in Bangla and English
- MS Office packages.
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Saturday, 07 May 2022
- Please click here to submit your application.
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion. Any personal persuasion/phone call will result in disqualification of candidature.
ActionAid Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse (SHEA), Child Protection Policy and other relevant safeguarding policies and expects all employees to abide by the Safeguarding Policies and Code of Conduct of ActionAid Bangladesh.
N.B: There is no cost involved with applying for positions at ActionAid Bangladesh. Any solicitation of fund / money from job applicant should be regarded as fraudulentShare