Executive Assistant -Liaison and Programme at World Health Organization (WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) has published a job circular for the position of Team Assistant.
Executive Assistant -Liaison and Programme – (2204105)
About the job
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 months (may be extendable)
Job Posting: May 17, 2022, 8:05:13 AM
Closing Date: Jun 7, 2022, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Bangladesh-Dhaka
Organization: SE_BAN WR Office, Bangladesh
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Objective of the programme
The objective of the programme is reduction of premature mortality, and morbidity due to NCDs and mental disorders in Bangladesh.
Description Of Duties
Under the overall guidance of MO -NCD and the direct supervision of NPO-Mental Health the successful candidate will have the following job responsibilities:
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to the government counterpart as stated below:
- Provide effective liaison function between WHO and government, and other partners, maintains and develops relationships with units in government ministries, agencies and other partners as relevant.
- Draft/prepare general correspondences coordinating schedules, arranging meetings, distributing memos and reports; takes meeting minutes and provides support for follow-up actions, as required.
- Provide team members with timely information on project and task budget ceilings, award budgets, expenditure, and funds available, as required
- Monitor budget and expenses of the relevant program, and provide budgetary and financial data including analysis for preparation of progress and donor reports
- Review and verify various contractual documents and corresponding materials, purchase requests, and contract extensions/renewals to ensure compliance with existing rules and procedures
- Act as a focal point in travel support and logistics arrangements in meetings, workshops, and seminars with government counterparts and other development partners
- Ensure all programme technical reports and corresponding documents are maintained in line with WHO standards, rules, practices, procedures and maintain proper filing and archiving system for programme related documents.
- Support smooth functioning of activities using appropriate tracking tools, follow-up and ensure that target dates and deadlines are met, and that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Review obligating documents, checks them for completeness, and follows on missing information, ensures timely liquidation of obligations, undertakes reconciliation and prepares periodic reports, as required.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned, including backstopping
Essential: Bachelor Degree from any recognized University.
Desirable: Master’s degree in administration, management, economics, public health or other relevant areas.
Essential: Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience.
Desirable: Experience in Public Health programme, or programme support in UN agency, International Organization, NGO, Multinational Company, Bank etc.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Producing results
Essential: Excellent knowledge of spoken and written Bangla and English
Proficient in using computer software applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, outlook and PowerPoint)
WHO Offers Locally Competitive Packages Such As
- Monthly salary: BDT72,675 .00 (SSA – 5, Step I) (non-negotiable)
- Insurance, Leave and Holidays as per WHO rules.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test or a presentation using computer followed by an interview will be held only for qualifying candidates.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to availability of fund and performance.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- This vacancy is open to Bangladeshi Nationals (all genders) only.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Any attempt to unduly influence on WHO’s selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
Job Source: UN WHO Careers