Associate, Global Payment Solutions-Operations, Global Operations, Digital Business Services
HSBC Bangladesh has recently published a job circular for the position of Associate, Global Payment Solutions-Operations, Global Operations, Digital Business Services.
About the job
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some career choices have more impact than others.
Within Digital Business Services, Global Payment Solution Operations is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance. Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, sending payments to various parties. Global Payment Solution Operations team is making sure all these happen smoothly ensuring adequate controls.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team in the role of Associate, Global Payment Solutions-Operations.
In this role, you will:
- Maintenance of proper MI to keep track of pending and executed cases for transparency and regulatory audit/inspection
- Conducting reconciliation of General Ledger and Suspense Accounts
- Collection of data and timely submission of Regulatory Returns as per the Central Bank directives
- Processing RTGS transactions within cutoff and maintaining proper SLA
- Communication with corresponding banks, GPI team for investigation.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree from a public/ private university preferably from Business background
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating
- Planning, organising, problem solving analytical skills and team management skill
- Good command in MS Office packages, especially in MS Excel
- Knowledge on Central Bank’s guidelines/circulars, internal control requirements
- Knowledge on Reconciliation and Settlement of Bank’s General Ledger accounts.
Please apply with your updated CV on, or before 24 July 2023.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Job Source: HSBC Job CircularShare