Investment Analyst at IFC – International Finance Corporation
Investment Analyst at IFC – International Finance Corporation has recently published a job circular for the position of Investment Analyst.
|Term Duration:||2 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Closing Date:||6/2/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The South Asia Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) sector team is recruiting an Investment Analyst based in it’s Dhaka, Bangladesh office. Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the origination, structuring, negotiation, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist Investment Officers in executing transactions and portfolio monitoring.
The position will report to the Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services Manager.
Role and Responsibility:
Investment Analyst assists Investment Officers in all aspects of their work including but not limited to:
• Conducting industry and market research and assisting IFC’s business development and portfolio management efforts in the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors in Bangladesh.
• Participating in all phases of an investment project life cycle, including structuring, negotiation, internal approval and closing
• Creating financial models, analyzing historical and projected financial statements.
• Reviewing company information and preparing reports on periodic financial statements, project progress reports and other information submitted by clients.
• Preparing documentation for IFC internal processes
• Tracking operational and financial performance of IFC’s portfolio clients, including compliance with IFC’s agreements
• Performing credit reviews and valuations of equity investments and loan instruments
Analyst also assists the division managers in preparing:
• Country investment strategy papers
• Briefs for visits by high-level IFC staff
• Project profiles for trust funds assistance
• Other tasks assigned by the Manager
• Minimum requirement is Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related specialization, or an MBA or other Masters in a related field.
• 3 years experience in corporate or investment banking.
• Sound analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance and the associated areas of financial investment, portfolio management, corporate finance and economics.
• The ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently (both verbally and in written form) in English.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel financial modeling skills
• Aptitude in basic financial software applications and the ability to quickly learn new applications.
• A keen interest in development finance and in working in a multicultural, team-based environment.
• Investment Analyst is expected to work for 2 to 4 year terms, up to a maximum of 4 years.
• Language- Essential (English) and Bangla (Preferred).
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Job Source: World Bank Career