Territory Officer at British American Tobacco (BAT) Bangladesh
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Non-Management Level
SALARY RANGE: Competitive Salary + Excellent benefits + Market leading bonus + Company vehicle
LOCATION: Anywhere in Bangladesh
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is responsible for engaging with customers and driving our business strategies. It is a part of our National Trade Team. Our Territory Officers are the face of BAT Bangladesh who significantly contribute to building the talent pipeline of the business. Equipped with specialist product and brand knowledge, Territory Officers are out on the road visiting customers in their ‘patched’ for the bulk of the day, making use of their commercial acumen for business and planning capability, while having an upbeat drive for results and passion for success.
Reports to: Area Manager
Reporting Level: Mid– Senior Level
Geographic Scope: Bangladesh
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Analyse, report and interpret store specific data to drive growth
- Act as the point of reference for external partners by engaging in commercial conversations and negotiation.
- Build, encourage and maintain strong business partnerships with retailers.
- Responsibly educate retailers on product category knowledge and trading vocabulary.
- Ensure execution of strategies and campaigns for all retailers are achieved within patch.
- Meet and exceed performance targets.
- Continually develop skills to adapt to the changing industry and regulatory environment.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you seek to tackle stretch challenges and deliver within deadlines?
- Are you flexible to dive into our world full of diversity and inclusion?
JOB REQUIREMENTS / ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A sound educational background with a bachelor’s degree (preferably business graduates)
- Customer focused approach & solutions driven mentality
- Strong selling, negotiation, and objective handling skills
- Ability to be empowered, work independently, and focus on results
- A proven track record to build close working relationships with a diverse range of partners
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- A desire to be Bold and Fast, while acting Responsibly, while they grow and develop their careers
- Prior hands-on experience in sales / marketing (experience as a trade representative in an FMCG environment)
Job Source: BAT Career