Site Reliability Engineer at Bongo
Bongo has recently published a circular for the position of Site Reliability Engineer.
About the job
Bongo is a media-tech company that is empowering the next one billion people through the creation, distribution, and monetization of video content. At Bongo, we believe access to content and media to be a right, not a privilege. Ultimately, this is what drives us everyday in our mission to create a digital ecosystem catering to our key demographics in primarily frontier markets such as Bangladesh, India, etc. but also in other global markets such as Europe/N. America.
We are looking to add new team members to the Research & Development department. We focus on building online video platforms on local Bengali content hence you can enjoy non-stop online Bengali Entertainment – anytime, anywhere. Some noteworthy products we have built the technology for are Bongo Solutions and Bioscopelive.
The Site Reliability Engineers/DevOps are embedded with the development teams to create shared responsibility, ensure the proper tooling/automation is in place and every system is up and running fine.
- Monitoring, and performance optimization of new and existing infrastructure services to support a high-performance computing environment and ensure 99.9%+ uptime.
- Respond to off-hours and weekend emergency alerts, alarms, and requests, in keeping with the team’s on-call rotation schedule.
- Work closely with Architects, Security Engineers, Product Managers, SRO, and other clients and partners of the SRE team to meet the needs of the organization to stay competitive – from the infrastructure up to the highest level of applications.
- Develop and maintain a complete end-to-end automated environment using configuration mgt. tools.
- Strategize with the teams to develop new technology initiatives with a primary focus on availability, supportability, scalability, security, and performance.
- Configure and tune an enterprise monitoring and instrumentation system(s) to efficiently detect existing issues and predict future issues based on trends
- Stay up-to-date with technology. Recurrently advance your technical skill-sets. Implement and manage deployment with CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering from a reputed university
- Experience in Linux systems administration, management, best practices, and performance tuning
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience as an individual contributor in a systems administration/development or DevOps role working on highly scalable distributed systems in a reputed organization.
- Experience supporting mission-critical platforms, both physical and virtualized environments, using CentOS, RedHat, and Ubuntu.
- Experience in deployment and management of Kubernetes Cluster.
- Hands-on experience in networking, managing cisco and juniper routing and switching devices
- Experience designing, building, and managing large-scale infrastructure in AWS and other cloud providers, including experience leveraging one or more coding languages for automation.
- Ability to communicate and transfer knowledge clearly and effectively in both technical and non-technical manners.
Job Location: Baridhara J-Block, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Nature: This position is available on a full-time basis
Office Hours: 8 Working Hours, Sunday – Thursday.
- Monthly Salary: BDT 60k to BDT 65k
- Festival Bonuses
- Vacations, and Happy hours with colleagues (office party, birthday party, etc.)
- Flexible work schedules and ownership at work
- Hybrid and transparent work environment
- Collaborative and friendly workspaces (no boss here)
- Employee Mentorship and Internal Learning Programs
- OKR based performance management system
- Quarterly Reward and recognition programs
- Chance to work with our incredible global team
The compensation offered to the successful applicant will depend on a variety of factors such as experience, skills, education, location, and references. If your CV is selected then a recruiter will invite you for a phone/video call or online test, followed by a couple of interviews.
Bongo is committed to creating a diverse and open work environment, and we are now actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, or age.
Job Source: Job Circular