HSBC Bangladesh, the foreign bank has recently published a job circular for the position of Teller, Branch Network, Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) HSBC Bank.
About the job
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some career choices have more impact than others.
Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. In Bangladesh, we provide products such as bank accounts, debit cards, personal loans, online banking as well as unique services to meet the international banking needs of our high net worth and employee banking customers.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team in the role of Teller, Branch Network, Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB).
In this role, you will:
- Handle customer cash/cheque transactions and maintain full vigilance to prevent any untoward incidents
- Remain up to date with potential risks/fraudulent activities around the teller activities and exercise appropriate caution
- Create awareness of alternate channels and educate customers toward better use of those channels
- Assess customer needs wherever possible and generate leads for future follow up by Personal Bankers/Mobile Sales Officers
- Ensure customer issues at the teller area are promptly raised to relevant stakeholders for resolution
- Work in a team to ensure customer queues are properly managed and waiting time reduced
- Engage with the Mobile Sales Officers/Personal Bankers where appropriate to address specific customer needs identified
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issue raised by external regulators
- Maintain and develop awareness among staff of operational risks and minimize the likelihood of its occurrence, implements and observes Group compliance policy
- Apply judgment and decision-making capabilities when needed to uphold the bank’s reputation and integrity in business.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree from a public/ private university
- In depth knowledge of the RBWM business and sales operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant group compliance, operation standard, audit and risk standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating
- Effective sales leadership skills including coaching and sales activity management on a team/one to one basis
- Ability to react to change and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to demonstrate and implement outstanding customer service amongst all of the Branch team.
Please apply with your updated CV on, or before 21 September 2022.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Job Source: HSBC Job CircularShare