Research Associate : BASIS
Last Updated on September 2, 2022
Research Associate, Research and Development Department at BASIS
Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS) has published a job circular for the position of Research Associate, Research and Development Department.
Position – Research Associate, Research and Development Department
- Working closely with Senior Research Associate as the reporting point, Research Fellow, Executive Director and BASIS EC in performing the tasks assigned.
- Conduct background research on various economic, country-specific market related issues for policy formulation.
- Drafting Concept Notes, Proposals, Talking Points, Speeches and PPTs for Officer Bearers of BASIS.
- Writing Research Reports, Outcome Reports, Meeting Minutes, Meeting Summary etc., in English and Bangla.
- Taking up action research works and conducting surveys, frequently.
- Keeping track of important global, economic and business indicators.
- Providing support to the Editorial Team for publishing the BASIS Magazine, preparing Annual Report, Software & IT Service Catalog, Exporters Directory, and other documents.
- Organizing workshops, seminars, webinars, FGDs, etc., on regular basis to address sub-sectorial trade challenges and opportunities.
- Communicating and liaison with the relevant stakeholders.
- Working as the Focal Point for the Standing Committees assigned.
- Representing BASIS in the relevant national and international webinars, seminars, etc.
- Full Time, 3 months probationary period, permanent after probation (based on the performance).
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a recognized chamber of commerce/trade association/economic research organization/think tanks or academic attachments will be given preference.
- 1 research paper published in the international journal.
- Having a good understanding of trade-related issues faced by Bangladesh as well as those faced by other LDCs and developing countries.
- Translates technical knowledge into practical applications that contribute to country and sector strategies; e.g., able to translate technical analyses of macroeconomic, trade policy, and growth linkages into policy recommendations and cross-country lessons.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak persuasively which would be important for presenting ideas clearly and concisely to both internally to BASIS professionals as well as when required with government officials dealing with policy.
- Sound analytical abilities and adept in Microsoft office package.
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis and ability to work with large datasets (Expertise in data analysis tool e.g. STATA, SPSS, MS Access).
- MSS in Economics/Statistics or MBA in Finance.
- CGPA in Masters and Hon’s should be above 3.3 out of 4.
- Open to learn, flexible, positive minded and accommodative.
- Passion and dedication to work in the research.
- As per organization rules.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Subsidized lunch and afternoon snacks.
- Yearly salary review based on the performance and 2 festival bonuses for the permanent employee after the successful completion of the probationary period.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photographs with CV
Application Deadline: 03 September 2022
Job Source: BASIS Job Circular