Last Updated on November 21, 2022
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Programme Associate (Protection)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Vacancy Number: 01
Date of Publication: 17.11.2022
Deadline of Application: 30.11.2022
- The objectives of this role are to provide support to WFP programme for mainstreaming protection and AAP (Accountability to Affected Population) with a focus on identifying protection risks, concerns, and human rights violations and ensuring Accountability to the Affected Population (AAP) throughout WFP’s emergency operation, give technical assistance to documentation, reporting, and knowledge sharing to foster protection mainstreaming, ensure meaningful participation of crisis-affected populations through WFP-supported programmes, strengthen strategic partnerships and advocate for WFP strategic priorities through active engagement with different stakeholders and interagency levels at Cox’s Bazar. The job holder will also participate in different learning and sharing modules, events, webinars, and courses to develop a skilled attitude for further supporting WFP programmes and share knowledge on various platforms and among team members.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of the Programme Officer-Protection and AAP, in Cox’s Bazar Office the incumbent will be responsible for completing these responsibilities, but is not limited to:
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits of WFP programme sites in camp to identify protection risks, and issues and address challenges and report to Programme Officer
- Support to develop protection assessment/analysis tools, survey questioner, collect data and support for field assessment and prepare a report
- Conduct consultations with crisis-affected people and different levels of stakeholders to identify community protection concerns, challenges, and mitigation measures and ensure Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) aspects during the assessment, planning, implementation, and monitoring activities
- Protection case referral, maintain case trucker and periodical analysis of protection case and trend to recommend programme of good practice
- Support the WFP CERM system to monitor progress, and effectiveness and ensure effective complain and feedback to beneficiaries through maintaining hotline referral response
- Support to capacity-strengthening initiatives including developing training materials on Protection, AAP, and PSEA for WFP staff and cooperating partners
- Support to implement community engagement action plan and Protection and AAP action plan in collaboration with WFP’s programme unit
- Develop key massage to ensure effective implementation of CWC approaches, advise on mechanisms for beneficiary communications, participation, feedback, and complaints, and support WFP staff and partner capacity to ensure proper and timely information provided to the affected population
- Conduct partner assessment, performance evaluation and review of indicators to monitor protection mainstreaming through WFP programme
- Support the protection and gender team in conducting on-site protection monitoring visits and spot check to monitor and identify protection issues and risks.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the CFRM team and contribute to the development of CFRM SOP, quality assurance tools, FAQ, satisfaction surveys and training materials.
- Provide support to foster collaboration with organizations working for AAP in the camps and host community to leverage WFP’s reach.
- Work with the communication team to develop gender-sensitive and inclusive IEC materials for ensuring safety, dignity and no harm as well as SEA
- Support documentation of current trends, challenges, best practices, needs and priorities in protection and AAP consideration in the local context.
- Contribution and participation at different advocacy campaigns, inter-agency meeting and with other external stakeholders
- Any additional responsibilities and assignments are shared with the supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: At least five (5) years of experience in humanitarian or development programmes with three years of relevant experience in Protection, AAP, Gender and Inclusion in humanitarian settings will be preferred.
Education: University degree in one of the following disciplines: Gender Studies, Human rights, law, political or social sciences, Development Studies, or another related field.
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English and Bangla. Proficiency in Rohingya or the Chittagonian dialect would be an advantage.
• Excellent communication, research, written and oral presentation skills.
• Team spirit and excellent interpersonal relations.
• In-depth and operational understanding of integrating protection, gender equality, women’s empowerment, accountability to affected populations, disability inclusion, sexual and gender-based violence, PSEA, conflict-sensitive programming, and humanitarian principles into humanitarian assistance.
• Strong analytical, writing and communication skills.
• Sound knowledge and skills in training and facilitation, including adapting materials for the audience. Client orientation with excellent interpersonal and team skills, including mentoring skills. Cross-cultural sensitivity. Knowledge of UN system policies and functions of protection-mandated agencies.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Basic understanding of Humanitarian protection and government strategies.
• Has developed effective relationships with Inter-agency and other actors, partners, and other units and explored new areas to scale up existing activities and researched new opportunities.
• Has developed powerful narratives by using data analysis visualization to enable action-oriented discussions with team and external stakeholders.
• Has prepared to conduct assessment/analysis and collaborated for timely registration, maintenance, and update of contributions and forecasts.
• Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive, and sound working environment.
• Analyze the field findings with gender and inclusion aspects and come out with practical recommendations to inform programmes and cooperating partners to consider programme implementation and future interventions.
• Support to organize quarterly catch-up events with programme unit, protection from the different units of WFP.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Flexibility, including to travel on different programme sites of WFP and in challenging and difficult environment.
• Openness to intensive mentoring support with a view to taking over responsibility for protection, gender and disability inclusion in the entire Cox’s Bazar operation.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
WFP provides life-saving assistance to more than 850,000 Rohingya refugees and over 300,000 most vulnerable households in the local communities. WFP implements a range of programmes including integrated food and nutrition assistance, school feeding activities, emergency preparedness, and tailored livelihoods programme to support the most vulnerable population.
For more on WFP Cox’s Bazar World Humanitarian Day video 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Wednesday, 30 November 2022 (Midnight Bangladesh time)
Click ‘Apply’ link below to start the application process. Candidates are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Job Source: UN WFP CareerShare