Last Updated on September 12, 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) has published a job circular for the position of Procurement Assistant. Monthly Salary BDT 72,675.
Procurement Assistant – (2207825)
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Initially one year (may be extendable)
: Sep 8, 2022, 10:25:53 AM
: Sep 29, 2022, 3:59:00 AM
: SE_BAN WR Office, Bangladesh
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Objective of the programme
The objective of the programme is to deliver WHO Core functions at country level with a particular focus on the Organization’s directing and coordinating role for international health as expressed in the Constitution. The immediate Objective is to develop and sustain WHO as a flexible, learning Organization, enabling it to carry out its mandate more efficiently and effectively.
Description of duties:
Under the guidance of Administrative Officer of WHO Bangladesh and the direct supervision of the respective Head of Procurement, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Work with the Procurement Team of WHO Bangladesh Quarters to support in processing and managing all procurement requirements for goods and services of projects of WHO Bangladesh in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in drafting bidding documents such as Invitation to Tender, Request for Quotations, Request for Proposals and Expression of Interests ensuring the compliance requirements of WHO.
- Support in bid evaluation, price comparison and review process for supplier selection of WHO Bangladesh.
- Perform Order Administrator function and responsibility in the Global Management System (GSM) of WHO which involves creation of Purchase Requisitions, reviewing and converting Request for Pricing Estimates (RPEs).
- Support to maintain coordination with projects of WHO as well as Cox’s Bazar Emergency Sub-office in providing necessary procurement support with relevant procurement planning, updates and shipment delivery status etc.
- Support to maintain communication and liaison with internal and external stakeholders including Regional Procurement Office, Global Service Centre (GSC), WHO Technical Officers and other contractual partners such as C&F agents, related Government officials on procurement and logistics tasks of all projects and updating status.
- Ensure correctness with verification, certification and processing invoices of goods and services delivered to projects through WHO payment system.
- Support to sourcing and updating vendor database of WHO Bangladesh, as and when necessary.
- When necessary, prepare clearance authorization documents for importation and export of project consignments and arrange transportation ensuring cold chain requirements where applicable.
- Support to maintain procurement and shipment database and related information including e-repository of relevant procurement documents, manual filing of procurement documents where necessary.
- Reviews obligating documents, checks them for completeness, and follows on missing information, ensures timely liquidation of obligations, undertakes reconciliation and prepares periodic reports, as required.
- Using appropriate tracking tools, follow-up on and ensure that target dates and deadlines are met, and that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties and replace colleagues, as assigned by supervisor.
Essential: Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University
- Master’s degree in administration, management, economics or other relevant areas.
- Introductory Certificate in Public Procurement (CIPS-Level-2) or equivalent
Essential: Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience.
- Experience in conducting procurement activities to support implementation of programme activities in UN agency, International Organization, NGO, Multinational Company, Bank etc.
- Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP system would be an added advantage.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Languages: Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
Computer Literacy: Proficiency in MS Office software (i.e. word processing, excel, outlook, power point, access etc.)
Salary & others benefits:
WHO offers locally competitive packages such as:
- Monthly salary: BDT 72,675.00 (SSA – 5, Step I) (non-negotiable)
- Insurance, Leave and Holidays as per WHO rules.
Job Source: UN WHO Careers