Officer – Research : Save the Children
Last Updated on September 5, 2022
Officer – Research Analysis and Advocacy at Save the Children Bangladesh
Save the Children has published a job circular for the position of Officer – Research Analysis and Advocacy.
Officer – Research Analysis and Advocacy
Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
Save the Children in Bangladesh is looking for a dynamic individual who can assist Save the Children’s engagement in increasing and improving the quality of public spending on key services for children and oversee the implementation of programs contributing to governance and service delivery concerning children at the local and national levels. The position holder will work in close coordination with ‘Advisor – Investment in Children’ and support the CRG team in carrying out essential research projects/programs and advocacy campaigns/ lobby. The outcomes will promote increased and efficient access to financial resources to perform child protection and wellbeing-related activities, plans and policies at sub-national and national levels.
This position requires strong technical skills in conducting social policy research and analysis, with demonstrated strategic thinking and practical advocacy skills. S/he needs to have a general understanding of child budgeting, budget tracking and required analytical tools to carry out research and advocacy. S/he should have a strong background, preferably in Development Economics/ Applied Statistics (with knowledge of governance, taxation, budget and financing resources, statistical tools, policy analysis and influencing).
Qualifications and experience
- 2-5 years of professional work experience, preferably in the field of development/social science/ policy research in the context of Bangladesh
- Sound knowledge of technical aspects of conducting social research and advocacy on public issues and policies, especially concerning the marginalized group of the population
- Proven experience in managing major research initiatives and developing research reports/products
- Communication and advocacy experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research using various methods/tools/techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of using CAPI software, such as KoBo toolkits or Survey CTO to conduct primary surveys using a structured questionnaire
- Ability to look at different sources of data (complex, conflicting etc.) and information, judge their quality and importance, recognize trends, distil key messages and form defensible arguments based on such data
- Statistical and econometric skills and knowledge of analytical software (Excel, STATA, R, SPSS, etc.)
- Strong drafting skills in the English language and ability to communicate complex issues clearly and accessibly, both verbally and in writing
- Degree in Economics/ Applied Statistics or other relevant disciplines
Contract Length: Up to December 31, 2022
Job Location: Dhaka
No. of vacancies: 01 (One)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
or visit https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=220006QW
Application deadline: September 11, 2022
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Job Source: Bdjobs Job Circular and Save The Children CareerShare