Financial Analyst, Sierra Leone : BRAC
Last Updated on September 9, 2022
Financial Analyst, Finance & Accounts, BRAC Sierra Leone at BRAC International
BRAC has published a job opening for Financial Analyst, Finance & Accounts, BRAC Sierra Leone.
Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC International (BI) is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Financial Analyst, Finance & Accounts, BRAC Sierra Leone
The purpose of role is to collect and analyze financial information and then make recommendations to management based on analysis. Monitor and advise management on the financial performance of the BRAC Sierra Leone microfinance program.
- Perform financial forecast, reporting, and operational KPI tracking.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Report on monthly financial position and performance and analyse trends on a monthly basis.
- Analyze historical financial performances and positions, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for action.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Advice on the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing cost accounting principles.
- Thoroughly review monthly management accounts, trial balances are drived from the system ledger and transaction lists.
- Formulate comprehensive report and recommend actions on analysis of the financial performance and positional report and communicate to the Head of Finance for review.
- Identify and initiate process improvements especially in the data processing area with high level excel dashboards skill.
- Monitor the liquidity position of the microfinance and flag early warning to the head of finance.
- Assess PESTLE factors in the local and international concept and bring the potential consequence to the performance.
- Advanced skill in financial analytics tool including advanced excel, power BI and query skills.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement, balance sheet, target Plan/forecasts etc) taking into account of BRAC Microfinance company’s goals and financial standing.
- Track costs and make trend analysis in compare to income.
- Review MF performance report and make trend analysis of the company’s businesses and submit regular report to management;
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field.
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope.
- Present accurate date to different stake holders including donor and Government and maintains transparency.
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function.
- Upholds BRAC values and represent BRAC in external forum.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- At least Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounts, Statistics, Economics or related field.
- Computer proficiency on MS office;
- Orientation with ERP & finance module;
- Strong interpersonal/ communication skills;
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis;
- Well informed in current financial subjects, tax laws, money market and business environment.
- At least 3 years working experience in MFI, Bank, NGO in financial sector;
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC International Sierra Leone Country Office
Job Location: BRAC Field Office
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at [email protected]
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 100/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 18 September 2022
Job Source: BRAC Career