Customer Services and Sales Manager : British Council
Last Updated on September 7, 2022
Customer Services and Sales Manager at British Council, Dhaka
British Council Bangladesh has published a job circular for the position of Customer Services and Sales Manager.
Customer Services and Sales Manager
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overalls, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Pay Band: 6/G
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Contract type: Permanent (locally appointed)
Closing date: Saturday, 10 September 2022
To lead the customer management and sales function in the delivery of Exams sales targets and KPIs, motivate them and to foster a good team spirit that enables a high quality, efficient and positive experience for customers, clients, and stakeholders as per agreed Service Level Agreement.
To work collaboratively with the Operations and marketing team to continuously improve customer experience and lead on projects that drive service improvements and process efficiency.
1. Manage the Sales function
- Build, Manage and motivate the Sales and Customer Management team to achieve and exceed new sales and re-registration targets and conversion KPIs.
- Work closely with Business, Academic and Marketing teams to develop and execute sales strategies, plans and processes in line with the country and regional plans.
- Monitor and review daily sales performance through conversion rates at all stages of the sales funnel for all products and to ensure that the team and individual sales targets are met / exceeded.
- Enable smooth tracking of sales activity, ensure that recording of data on Salesforce CRM is in line with corporate guidelines and that sales performance reports and dashboards are prepared as per agreed format.
- Ensure there is a defined process to follow up with learners who drop off at different stages of customer journey, identifying and reporting reasons and trends and ensuring follow up to improve conversion rates and student engagement. To prepare reports on Teaching Centre sales funnel statistics, customer profiles and conversion rates.
- Continuously review the customer journey to identify business opportunities and drive sales orientation within the team.
- Support other services in the development and execution of campaigns for new registration and re-registration purposes
- Lead the quality review process for Front of house and support audits for contact centre with aim of improving conversion and experience
- Provide feedback on British Council campaigns and promotions to the Marketing team with the objective of optimising campaigns and improve targeting and conversions.
2. Customer Service Management
- Run the day-to-day operation of British Council Customer Services in accordance with corporate standards and policies.
- Map the Customer Journey, measuring the customer experience regularly to make improvements.
- Ensure the customer service function, including the look and feel of the physical environment and front-line team dress code as well as customer communication, are reflective of the British Council brand standards.
- Own the Voice of the Customer Programme. This entails regular (weekly) monitoring and reporting data and customer trends gathered through a range of methods including quality monitoring weekly exercises, Customer Effort Survey, Teaching Centre Online survey, observation of classes, Mystery Shopping exercises and customer focus groups. This data gathered should be used to inform business planning targets and marketing decisions as well as improve the overall customer experience.
- Monitor performance and service quality of service partners and delivery teams on an on-going basis and ensure adequate controls are in place
- Act as Complaints Manager for the country and ensures that the Complaints Policy is adhered to consistently across Nepal.
- Analyse and understand complex customer services issues and provide timely management information to Country / Regional Leadership team for business-planning, decision-making and/or the development of new or improved customer services policies and practices
- Ensure that team interactions are as per Corporate Child protection and Safe- Guarding policies
- Ensure that there is a BCP in place and that it is annually reviewed to ensure it encompasses relevant customer service-related scenarios
- Actively champion the use of CRM
3. Work collaboratively with other stakeholders
- Work closely with Marketing on lead generation strategies
- Work with local, cluster and regional marketing and communications teams to plan and execute proactive communications that support business continuity plans
- Provide feedback on British Council campaigns and promotions aimed at raising brand awareness and sales conversions
- Maintain a clear understanding of customer needs / preferences, threats and opportunities in the external environments and keep Management and the Marketing team informed
- Be proficient in the use of the Global Playbook and Maritz customer insight and Thematic platforms and provide feedback to Teaching Centre and Exams Managers to enhance customer experiences and product offerings to improve sales conversions and customer advocacy.
- Facilitate a monthly session that analyses NPS trends and reasons impacting performance
- Monitor test day experiences on a quarterly basis and use observations for continuous service improvement
- Ensure that Customer Service teams comply with Income Recognition, Recording and Reporting processes for all exam’s income
- To contribute to the strategic development and improvement of customer service processes and standards for the Teaching and Exams business units
- Manage the operational delivery of customer management strategy, ensuring that the function is adequately resourced and equipped to support the Exams Sales Marketing and Operational (SM&OP) framework
- Supervise the customer support workflow by monitoring customer interactions and setting and adjusting staffing requirement as per forecast and trends.
- Deliver customer service soft skills training to exams and venue staff when required
4. Line Management
- Recruit and line manage members of the Customer Service Team as per British Council guidelines and standards.
- Ensure performance objectives, performance reviews and year-end evaluations are completed on time, line manages are supported and feedback provided to them on a regular basis.
- Conduct training need analysis of the customer service team and arrange training and development so operational capability is built within the team
- Prepare CS team-work schedule roster and monitor leave plans so that they meet operational needs.
- Ensure individuals meet all targets and KPIs as set out by the Council and follow administrative procedures and policies in place. All records are captured on MyHR and completed and maintained accurately and on time.
- Prepare resourcing plans such that global KPI’s can be achieve in an efficient and effective manner.
Minimum / Essential – Graduate in any discipline.
Desirable – Customer Service Professional Qualification, Marketing Qualification
Role specific knowledge and experience
Essential – Four years’ experience in planning and implementing sales strategies, customer relationship management and managing and directing a CS / Sales team.
Desirable – Knowledge of SAP, CRM
Role Specific Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to providing great customer service.
- Ability to lead a sales team.
- Working in a matrix structure
- Attractive salary and benefits will be offered to the deserving candidate
- An inclusive and engaging work environment encouraging cross-team collaboration and building connections with colleagues from different disciplines around the world
- Flexible working opportunities to support employee aspirations, personal activities and pursuits
- A learning environment with plenty of opportunities to develop skills and knowledge
- Experience of working in an international organisation which fosters work-life balance and commitment to smart working
- Applicants should be Bangladeshi passport holder or legally entitled to work in Bangladesh
- All necessary background checks as per the British Council Pre-Appointment Screening policy along with medical check-up will need to be completed successfully prior to signing the final employment contract
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted on a British Council application form submitted electronically through our career’s portal. Any hard copies of the application and incomplete application in the portal will not be accepted.
To apply, please click on the following link that will take you to the careers portal of British Council – Apply here
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
Job Source: British Council CareerShare