Last Updated on August 24, 2022
British American Tobacco (BAT) Bangladesh has published a job circular for the position of Area Sales Manager.
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT MALAYSIAIS LOOKING FOR AREA SALES MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Management
FUNCTION: Trade & Marketing Distribution
SALARY RANGE: Basic Salary + Excellent Benefits + Market Leading Bonus
LOCATION: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Reports to: State Sales Manager
Reporting Level: Manage Self & Others
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Demonstrate understanding of key data sources (DWH, RA and 7-Eleven scanned data) to perform analysis
- Demonstrate understanding of local peculiarities to identify business opportunities and growth
- Lead a team of Area Sales Executives to achieve agreed targets and in-market standard by investing 70% of the time in the market and effective coaching
- Regularly monitor and ensure delivery of agreed volume, cycle activities, market audits, local area marketing, and trade coverage plan
- Regularly review business performance and look for opportunities in achieving more effective and efficient route planning process, frequency of visit, trading terms and outlet visit plan
- Ensure teams to provide relevant market intel and respond against competitor’s movement in respective areas
- Ensure efficient utilization of merchandising budget and accuracy of retail outlet information
- Lead the secondary supply chain to meet the agreed brand volume, market share, distribution presence
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong leadership, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish good business relationship with Mass Market Retailer to gain trade support, loyalty, and advocacy
- Strong track record of developing and executing business plans, commercial growth plans and talent development plans
- Ability to lead by example and challenge others to raise standards and deliver stretch results
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation.
See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Job Source: BAT Career