Account Relationship Officer : British Council
Last Updated on October 4, 2022
Account Relationship Officer at British Council, Bangladesh
British Council Bangladesh has published a job circular for the position of Customer Services and Sales Manager.
Account Relationship Officer
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overalls, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
About the job
To develop and maintain relationships and enhance opportunities with key accounts to meet business related targets. These accounts could be with Schools, IELTS registration centres, government departments or universities, and with Awarding Bodies such as Cambridge Assessment, Pearson Edexcel, or the ACCA.
The role is to support B2B Customers and report issues and resolutions to the Account Relationship Manager or Head of Business Development to develop and retain the Account.
The role is also required to proactively resolve issues, add value and ensure delivery of examination services
These accounts could be with Schools, IELTS Registration Centres (IRC), government departments or Universities, and with Awarding Bodies such as Cambridge Assessment, Pearson Edexcel, or the ACCA.
Market and customer intelligence
• Ensures knowledge is up to date and forward thinking on all exams products
• Provides input into market intelligence activities, innovation and business development
• Tracks competition and updates line manager
• Performs pre-agreed secondary market researched or gathers pre-agreed market intelligence
• Adds value to key accounts
• Looks at opportunities for retain accounts and / or cross-sell other exams services
• Flags and addresses performance issues in delivery and proactively seeks solutions
• Builds and develops networks around existing clients
Customers/ Relationship and stakeholders
• Supports continuous improvement in the Business Development function
• Works with Account Relationships Manager to resolve and manage (internal or external) complaints and requirements for support
• Builds relationships and uses influence to work with others to grow the business
• Leads on delivery of Exams promotional events
• Delivers product presentations to appropriate audiences within the B2B segment
• Prioritises own work activities, from long terms plans into day to day activities.
• Support Business Development Manager in pursuing new lines of business, whether this is through existing or new clients
• Persuade potential customers to give more business to British Council
• Maintain and improve relationships with existing partners
• Highlight issues with delivery of services and try to find solutions to this
Analysis and reporting
• Is able to support senior managers decisions by providing timely, accurate, professionally produced data and information
• Supports meetings to feedback client’s experience
• Monitors dashboard on B2B service level – reports from Schools and IELTS registrations systems
Support for wider Exams Operation
• Provides support for the wider Exams team when capacity is an issue at peak times
• Activities could include Schools verifications and payments, management of Schools results and Statements of Entry to support Relationships Manager, managing contracts for IELTS registrations centres, and other to-be defined tasks
• These will have a strong interface with Customer Services
Working with Children
▪ In supporting the exams operation this role is likely to have occasional contact with children under-18
▪ These are a small % of IELTS candidates and 95% of our schools candidates
Minimum / Essential – Graduate in any discipline.
Desirable – Master’s degree
Role specific knowledge and experience
- Experience building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- 2 years’ experience in B2B customer service environment
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children.
- Experience in B2B customer service environment
- Education counselling and/or student migration experience
- Some experience of working in an environment which includes Under 18s (e.g., they are some of the customers even if most are adults)
Role Specific Skills
Experience in working in competitive market and have negotiation skills to manage stakeholders for keeping current and bringing new business.
- Attractive salary and benefits will be offered to the deserving candidate
- An inclusive and engaging work environment encouraging cross-team collaboration and building connections with colleagues from different disciplines around the world
- Flexible working opportunities to support employee aspirations, personal activities and pursuits
- A learning environment with plenty of opportunities to develop skills and knowledge
- Experience of working in an international organisation which fosters work-life balance and commitment to smart working
Pay Band – 4
Contract Type – Permanent (locally appointed)
Location – Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date – 17 October 2022
- Applicants should be Bangladeshi passport holder or legally entitled to work in Bangladesh
- All necessary background checks as per the British Council Pre-Appointment Screening policy along with medical check-up will need to be completed successfully prior to signing the final employment contract
Job Source: British Council CareerShare