Administrative Officer : icddr,b
Last Updated on January 25, 2023
Administrative Officer Job at icddr,b
International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh (icddr,b) has published a job circular for the position of Administrative Officer.
Administrative Officer (Adv#49/2023)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddrb as a values-based organization encourages women and people with disabilities.
The USAID’s Alliance for Combating TB in Bangladesh project will develop a dynamic, strategic, and fresh approach to accelerate Bangladesh’s fight against TB. The solutions will be aimed at creating an environment aligned with the universal health coverage (UHC) vision and focused on defined priority areas – increased TB detection, decentralized DR-TB management, child TB, expanded prevention, and others.
The Administrative Officer will report to the Coordination Manager. The position holder will be responsible for coordinating and organizing all administrative and logistical requirements of ACTB project, maintain office administration from logistics support to inventory management, requisition management to cash and petty cash handling of the day to day office work. S/he will be involved in–
- Understand the requirements from the Coordination Manager, Sr. MEL Advisor, Deputy Project Coordinator, and PI;
- Check existing inventory of fixed assets, furniture and fixtures;
- Collaborate with procurement for lease agreements and prepare justification for single-source procurement;
- Coordinate with the finance department for facilitating payments;
- Provide support to internal staff for submission of leave and medical bills on time;
- Coordinate with IT department to solve any internal customer issues;
- Coordinate with Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, Facilities Department and others to ensure project support;
- Liaises with the vendors for NRB-issued VAT coupon management;
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure timely financial reporting and invoice for the and capture fixed asset information (issue date, assigned user, assigned location, cost etc.) on procurement of fixed assets for the project;
- Prepare local transport requisition and arrange both local and international air travel of PIs and researchers;
- Process expenditure bills and vouchers for reimbursement and track the accuracy and closure of internal requisitions;
- Systematically maintaining the document management system of the project which includes hard copy and electronic filing (working papers files, reference materials and confidential records as required), audit reports, reports to various committees, maintenance of information on a shared drive, budget, correspondences, etc. Monitor Administrative Assistant for bills and vouchers of the project for reimbursement;
- Scrutinize and re-check petty cash reimbursement requests, monthly leases and utility payments of the field offices etc.;
- Prepare local conveyance and lodging bills fortnightly to submit Finance for payment;
- Follow-up with Finance to ensure timely reimbursement of petty cash expenses, conveyance bills, and rental payments with the Financial authority.
Required qualification and experience:
- Bachelor in Commerce or Business Administration (BBA) with good academic records from a reputed University;
- 5 years of experience in the administration domain preferably in an international organization.
Number of Position: 01
Contract Type and duration:
Fixed Term Agreement; duration will be 1 year with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Annual Tk. 651,970/- inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits;
- 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test /interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 04, 2023.
National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Job Source: icddrb career