WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Administration Officer NOA, Cox’s Bazar (172075)
JOB RELATED KEY INFORMATION:
Job Title: Administration Officer NOA, Cox’s Bazar
Grade: National Officer, NOA
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Duration of contract: 1 year, renewable
Vacancy Number: 172075
Date of Publication: 24 August 2022
Deadline of publication: 06 September 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
No of Position: One (1)
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Salary: As per UN salary scale
To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
2. Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives.
3. Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
4. Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
5. Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
6. Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
7. Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
8. Maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: University degree in Business/Public Administration or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.
EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of experience in Administration with minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the similar field.
LANGUAGE: Strong communication skill in English and Bangla
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Has gained experience in administration.
• Has demonstrated a high level of proficiency in WFP administrative operating standards in day to day work.
• Has provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering||Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.|
|Resource Management for Administration and Engineering||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.|
|Customer Focus||Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.|
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are requested to create an E-recruitment account before submitting an online application, including CV and a letter of interest.
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please follow these simple steps…
1. Create your online CV
2. Click on “Apply”
3. For new user, click on create an account
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships). Delivering on our mandate of Zero Hunger requires us to have a diverse, inclusive and gender-balanced workforce.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Country Director or the designate. Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to a more senior Administration Officer. Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
06 September 2022, Tuesday
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Job Source: UN WFP CareerShare